tiebow

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced a weird knocking noise while they are driving and stopping?

After my car made a loud clunk noise while reversing (yes, the parking brake was off), once I started driving, my car started making a clunking noise from the front of the car. When I come to a stop, the car jolts a little forward while making the same noise. The noise decreases once it is moving for a while but is loud at first after each stop.

I am taking my car in next week (that is the earliest they could get me in), and I do not plan on driving it anymore until it's been looked at. Just a bit frustrated because this car is not even two years old. It only has 4,000 miles on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tiebow

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
OP
OP

tiebow

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
Yes. We had a snow storm and then an ice storm. On Monday, it was raining, and I drove it in the rain, and it was fine. Today, it started making that weird noise.
Thank you. This is super helpful. The second link sounds more like the mechincal issue that I am having. Good to know my car is not the only experiencing this issue.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had the pads sticking to the rotor issue. After sitting for a few days in wet-ish weather, I went to reverse out of my driveway and there was a loud pop and jolt. There was pad material stuck to the rotor and for the next day or so, it thumped with every rotation of the wheel.

If that is what you are experiencing, get it to the dealer so they can verify before the thumping noise goes away. Mine went away before I took it to the dealer and I had to get Ford involved before they would even look at it. It was a PITA. But eventually they did replace the pads.

OP
OP

tiebow

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
I had the pads sticking to the rotor issue. After sitting for a few days in wet-ish weather, I went to reverse out of my driveway and there was a loud pop and jolt. There was pad material stuck to the rotor and for the next day or so, it thumped with every rotation of the wheel.

If that is what you are experiencing, get it to the dealer so they can verify before the thumping noise goes away. Mine went away before I took it to the dealer and I had to get Ford involved before they would even look at it. It was a PITA. But eventually they did replace the pads.
Thank you. It seems like it is either the pads or the "rear trailing arm bushing blades contacting the inner core during high load" (p.1)

Reference:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/tsb-22-2253-pdf.74371/

OP
OP

tiebow

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What is the TSB?
What I linked you… both of those are TSBs telling Ford what to do. You should just print both out and present them to give them a head start. They sometimes just do the rotors and leave the brake pads or do just the pads and nothing to the rotors. I’m just saying to make sure they do both at the same time, as Ford tells them to per the TSB.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced a weird knocking noise while they are driving and stopping?

After my car made a loud clunk noise while reversing (yes, the parking brake was off), once I started driving, my car started making a clunking noise from the front of the car. When I come to a stop, the car jolts a little forward while making the same noise. The noise decreases once it is moving for a while but is loud at first after each stop.

I am taking my car in next week (that is the earliest they could get me in), and I do not plan on driving it anymore until it's been looked at. Just a bit frustrated because this car is not even two years old. It only has 4,000 miles on it.
Hello, Ty! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
My car did this exact same thing. I was on vacation for a week, parked in my garage. It didn't seem to want to move when I put it in reverse, I checked to make sure the parking brake wasn't on and then it made a loud noise. Afterwards it makes a tire thumping noise and kind of jolts a little when I brake. The thumping is not as bad as it was. Did you ever find out what it was?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My car did this exact same thing. I was on vacation for a week, parked in my garage. It didn't seem to want to move when I put it in reverse, I checked to make sure the parking brake wasn't on and then it made a loud noise. Afterwards it makes a tire thumping noise and kind of jolts a little when I brake. The thumping is not as bad as it was. Did you ever find out what it was?
Your brake pads were probably stuck to the rotors. You can check your rotors yourself for brake material. Here is the TSB if you decide to make an appointment at the dealer:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...rakes-brake-pad-material-stuck-to-rotor.8971/

MG-MACHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Country flag
Hi all,

I drove my Mach-E after about 2 weeks and noticed a rhythmic thumping noise from the rear side that could be the brake pad issue. I am including an mp3 file and would like your advice if this is indeed the issue. The rhythmic noise is from < 10 mph.
I am also including pictures of front and brake rotors. While the front rotors are nice and shiny, the rear ones are not.

appreciate the advice from the forum before taking it to the dealer.
thanks again

back_left.jpg

back_right.jpg

front_left.jpg

front_right.jpg

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi all,

I drove my Mach-E after about 2 weeks and noticed a rhythmic thumping noise from the rear side that could be the brake pad issue. I am including an mp3 file and would like your advice if this is indeed the issue. The rhythmic noise is from < 10 mph.
I am also including pictures of front and brake rotors. While the front rotors are nice and shiny, the rear ones are not.

appreciate the advice from the forum before taking it to the dealer.
thanks again

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E 2021 Model - Weird knocking noise while Driving front_right

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E 2021 Model - Weird knocking noise while Driving front_right

Hey there! I can take a closer look into your knocking noise concern if you are still in need of assistance. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".