Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
First off, I love this forum. I have learned so much...thank you.

I reserved a Premium Carbonized Gray Mach E in March thinking I was going to trade in my 2019 F-150 on it in late 2020. As time progressed I got gun shy and decided to cancel my reservation. But then I saw the Cyber Orange GT. My favorite color is orange and it makes my endorphins sing when I see all things in any shade. My brain couldnā€™t stop thinking about it and in early August I emailed all five dealers in my area with the below questions:

1. If I reserve a Mach E, are you able to give me a trade in price on my F-150 for the approximate delivery date and a plus or minus number based on mileage and time if earlier or later?

2. Is my $500 refundable if I decide not to follow through with the purchase after test driving one?

3.Please confirm you accept plan pricing with no ADM.

I received exactly one response, directly from the GM of the closest dealer to me. He was straight forward with his answers. ā€œYes we can provide pricing with various dates attributed, no the $500 is not refundable, and yes we accept plan pricing with no ADM.ā€ I pushed him a bit on the $500 but he simply wouldnā€™t move on their decision. Next up was to schedule my trade in evaluation. Without getting into too much detail, I was expecting a $30k price for January 2021 and $450 decrease every month with a 1,000 mile limit. I showed up and 10 minutes later received my price, $33k for Feb 1, 2021 and $500 deduction per month. Overall I was quite happy with that number. To give you an idea, I paid $37,550 for it brand new in September 2019 and it has 12k miles. Well, with COVID, I started thinking about asking them to by it outright this week and I could save a bunch of money until my GT is ready. So I asked, how much to buy it today. The answer...$35k. I instantly said yes and am dropping it off Monday. He said they are strapped for used cars and have been paying top dollar...boy I guess. It cost me $2,550 to have my truck for just under a year. I made my Cyber Orange reservation this week and all is good in the world for this moment.

Here are my only concerns at the moment:

1. Will my fat a** fit in the seats without my right knee hitting the center console? 6ā€ 1ā€, 250 pounds. This is one great thing about my truck, loads of room.

2. Is the back seat big enough for a car seat to fit comfortably?

3. What Teslaā€™s will it beat in a 1/4 mile? I plan to race it a few times a year so it is important to know. :)

4.Slight concern about range and battery degradation.

5. Ford Options or purchase outright? The Options pricing needs to come down.

6. If someone scratches my car, how much do I make them suffer...because they must suffer.

7. Rust. MN salt is the finest paint depleting salt in the industry!
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
First off, I love this forum. I have learned so much...thank you.

I reserved a Premium Carbonized Gray Mach E in March thinking I was going to trade in my 2019 F-150 on it in late 2020. As time progressed I got gun shy and decided to cancel my reservation. But then I saw the Cyber Orange GT. My favorite color is orange and it makes my endorphins sing when I see all things in any shade. My brain couldnā€™t stop thinking about it and in early August I emailed all five dealers in my area with the below questions:

1. If I reserve a Mach E, are you able to give me a trade in price on my F-150 for the approximate delivery date and a plus or minus number based on mileage and time if earlier or later?

2. Is my $500 refundable if I decide not to follow through with the purchase after test driving one?

3.Please confirm you accept plan pricing with no ADM.

I received exactly one response, directly from the GM of the closest dealer to me. He was straight forward with his answers. ā€œYes we can provide pricing with various dates attributed, no the $500 is not refundable, and yes we accept plan pricing with no ADM.ā€ I pushed him a bit on the $500 but he simply wouldnā€™t move on their decision. Next up was to schedule my trade in evaluation. Without getting into too much detail, I was expecting a $30k price for January 2021 and $450 decrease every month with a 1,000 mile limit. I showed up and 10 minutes later received my price, $33k for Feb 1, 2021 and $500 deduction per month. Overall I was quite happy with that number. To give you an idea, I paid $37,550 for it brand new in September 2019 and it has 12k miles. Well, with COVID, I started thinking about asking them to by it outright this week and I could save a bunch of money until my GT is ready. So I asked, how much to buy it today. The answer...$35k. I instantly said yes and am dropping it off Monday. He said they are strapped for used cars and have been paying top dollar...boy I guess. It cost me $2,550 to have my truck for just under a year. I made my Cyber Orange reservation this week and all is good in the world for this moment.

Here are my only concerns at the moment:

1. Will my fat a** fit in the seats without my right knee hitting the center console? 6ā€ 1ā€, 250 pounds. This is one great thing about my truck, loads of room.

2. Is the back seat big enough for a car seat to fit comfortably?

3. What Teslaā€™s will it beat in a 1/4 mile? I plan to race it a few times a year so it is important to know. :)

4.Slight concern about range and battery degradation.

5. Ford Options or purchase outright? The Options pricing needs to come down.

6. If someone scratches my car, how much do I make them suffer...because they must suffer.

7. Rust. MN salt is the finest paint depleting salt in the industry!
Congrats on the trade in price. That sounds awesome.

The driver's seat looks fairly roomy. I'm pretty sensitive about my right knee hitting the center console and everything about the MME looks like it won't be a problem. Test drive will confirm that for sure.

The MME GT is sounding more and more like something special and we can now infer that the motorset in the GT is quite different than originally announced. If Ford is serious about making the GT track capable then it means that the battery cooling system has to be even more robust than the non-GT.

I think the MME GT will go straight up head-to-head with the Model Y Performance. GT Performance will take it up a notch from there and then the rumored Dark Horse teases the imagination. Ford is competitive by nature and the Mustang GT has always begged for a challenge. It'll be fun.

I wouldn't worry about degradation. LG Chem batteries have been stellar.

Range is a legitimate concern but would be less so if it charged fast. I'm somewhat worried that they are not underselling the 45 minute charge time to 80%.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Will my fat a** fit in the seats without my right knee hitting the center console? 6ā€ 1ā€, 250 pounds.
Iā€™m 6ā€3 and 280lb... got to sit in the car in Feb when it was on tour here in the UK. There was plenty of room for my ample butt and weary knees. Iā€™ve also got a toddler and the I found there was more leg room in the back than in our current Mazda CX-5 which holds her child seat OKAY... so I observed the MME to be more accommodating for a child seat. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Iā€™m 6ā€3 and 280lb... got to sit in the car in Feb when it was on tour here in the UK. There was plenty of room my ample butt and weary knees. Iā€™ve also got a toddler and the I found there was more leg room in the back than in our current Mazda CX-5 which holds her child seat OKAY... so I observed the MME to be more accommodating for a child seat. Hope that helps!
I also got to sit in it in March. Although not quite as 'substantial' as SJ_Okay (but close) I agree with all he says

OP
OP
Dkaar

Dkaar

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Iā€™m 6ā€3 and 280lb... got to sit in the car in Feb when it was on tour here in the UK. There was plenty of room for my ample butt and weary knees. Iā€™ve also got a toddler and the I found there was more leg room in the back than in our current Mazda CX-5 which holds her child seat OKAY... so I observed the MME to be more accommodating for a child seat. Hope that helps!
This is good news. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored