First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Hey California Mach-e Owners!

I'm fairly new to the EV game and loving that the MMe is my first! I was wondering if y'all knew of a good checklist of things to do for new EV owners? I've already done the CVRP application and I'm waiting for my new plates to apply for the HOV sticker. Any other things that y'all can recommend to do? Any additional charging networks to sign-up for?

edit: asking in the California area if there are California related things to do...but also just generally
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I signed up with Electrify America and EVGo for our Mach-E just to have options. I was already a ChargePoint user with my Plug-in Fusion.

Be sure to check with your local electric utility. They may offer a cash rebate. PG&E did for us up until 12/2020. I did get $800 for our Plug-in Fusion we purchased in 11/2019. There is another rebate from CA on top of the $1500 you got at the dealer...

OP
OP
kirkus02

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I signed up with Electrify America and EVGo for our Mach-E just to have options. I was already a ChargePoint user with my Plug-in Fusion.

Be sure to check with your local electric utility. They may offer a cash rebate. PG&E did for us up until 12/2020. I did get $800 for our Plug-in Fusion we purchased in 11/2019. There is another rebate from CA on top of the $1500 you got at the dealer...
Thanks!

And yep, got the $1500 rebate at point of sale. Had to ask them to apply it...which they did as soon as I brought it up.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m signed up with ChargePoint, SemaConnect, and EVgo for my Fusion. I will be signing up with EA when I get my MME GT. There aren’t a lot of EA chargers near me but I’ll sign on with them just in case of a road trip.

When I went to test drive a MME at the dealer who ripped me off for my Fusion, they told me that they wouldn’t handle the $1500.00 PoS credit, so I could not apply it to my down. Needless to say, I changed my dealer on my reservation.

OP
OP
kirkus02

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m signed up with ChargePoint, SemaConnect, and EVgo for my Fusion. I will be signing up with EA when I get my MME GT. There aren’t a lot of EA chargers near me but I’ll sign on with them just in case of a road trip.

When I went to test drive a MME at the dealer who ripped me off for my Fusion, they told me that they wouldn’t handle the $1500.00 PoS credit, so I could not apply it to my down. Needless to say, I changed my dealer on my reservation.
glad to hear you were able to change to a dealer that would do it.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you are planning to install a L2 charger at home, check if your utility offers any rebates. Not all EVSEs may qualify so would want to do your research before purchasing the EVSE.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
glad to hear you were able to change to a dealer that would do it.
I hate the original dealer anyhow because of how they screwed me on the purchase of my Fusion. It's just the one that Ford's web site funneled me to as the closest EV-certified dealer to my home. I switched to a dealer that's nearly an hour and a half from me. According to the forums the new dealer seems to be more customer-oriented.
Sponsored