Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hmmm. I use the FordPass app regularly but don't see any reference in it to Android/Google or any other 3rd parties.
there's literally ratings and reviews from plugshare for each charger, also photos from plugshare... what else does plugshare provide?
Sponsored

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
there's literally ratings and reviews from plugshare for each charger, also photos from plugshare... what else does plugshare provide?
PlugShare provides mapping across the entire U.S. I've not seen a trip planning feature, but it is great for verifying chargers along routes. I chuckle sometimes because some "chargers" are nothing more than a 120v plug at a campground, but that just verifies the information detail.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
PlugShare provides mapping across the entire U.S. I've not seen a trip planning feature, but it is great for verifying chargers along routes. I chuckle sometimes because some "chargers" are nothing more than a 120v plug at a campground, but that just verifies the information detail.
Yeah, it's the same data in FordPass, except for being able to filter to just house plugs. My point is that plugshare would not have helped in this situation because it has the same data for OPs chargers, unless I missed something in this huge thread. Everyone should have multiple apps of course, but it seems a lot of this stuff is in FordPass already.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
So with the discussion of FordPass having reviews and other features I had never played with I decided to take a look. Conclusion: still not ready for me to trust.
FordPass shows EA in network where there is a broken EVGo bank. And a not in network “other” where the EA is.

AppleMaps even has the chargers in the right location.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Year's Eve Charging Nightmare C9A96567-DEF2-4DA3-96CD-3A5735711C1F
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Year's Eve Charging Nightmare 79157848-6639-4373-B6D7-1DE674029120

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Try making a journey where dcfc are few and far in between. Like in the UP of Michigan where only three functioning dcfc exist. One runs at all 30kW. Another has the power turned off from midnight to 7am.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
To the OP, I can only tell you that I've never relied on Ford's built-in find-a-charger feature. Too many of them have incorrect map markers, or other issues. I use a dedicated Electrify America, EVGo, and Chargepoint apps to "scout" the charger locations before my trip. I furthermore try to view them on Google Street view to ensure that they are - in fact - there. I read the reviews, and see if any of them are offline.

I simply would not rely on a single charge station along one's route.

Remember, we're not driving Teslas here. We're driving EVs with a charger network built, and maintained by a wide array of third party companies and subcontractors, most of whom honestly DO NOT CARE.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Threads like this just illustrate why Tesla will continue to lead for at least another 5-10 years.

the US is not ready for EVs yet. Our infrastructure is no where close.

Mini166

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. RWD/SR,Lexus RX350, Dodge Ram Eco-Diesel
Country flag
As to the problem, it's pretty clear someone keyed in multiple locations with the wrong zip code.
[/QUOTE]
That is very scary. They need some serious quality control STAT.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Down 7 miles of range? That’d be like driving an ICE (say my old ‘62 bug) down to a pint. Basically running on fumes. And like gas gauges were accurate to say 5 points? F, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, E. Of course digital absolutism implies you know exactly what you have. Reality screws with you. For some “running out of gas” stories were hilarious coming of age and for others it just a damned inconvenience based on poor planning or lack of $$$.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I’ve given up on Ford‘s Navigation. Too much incorrect information (non-existent charging locations listed). I plan before a long trip with ABRP to identify probable stops then check on PlugShare for reliability. Then I plug my next stop into Google Maps and run that through CarPlay when I’m actually driving.