Newest look at Mach-E GT

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Fun fact, the front pony logo outline on the GT was originally planned to light up in the blue/cyan color that the Mach E pony has always been advertised in, however due to some government regulation that only police vehicles can have blue lights in front it was changed to a white LED.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Let me ask the obvious question: why such a long delay? I am wondering if they had to go back to the drawing board to be more competitive than "sub 4 second" acceleration and 235 miles range? Are they going to try to tackle the "plaid", or at least best the performance 3?

It wouldn't make sense to me if it was something like battery supply; if that was the case the smart play would be to delay the base model Select instead of the top model GT.
The initial range was 235 then changed to 250, pure speculation on my part but I have always thought of the GT and the lack of concrete information meant it was a very late last minute addition to the model line up so very little actual development beyond the looks had taken place.

As it stands ford do need to improve upon some of those initial specs or give the current projected msrp a hair cut as when it comes to range and performance it is behind the model 3/Y there are plenty of pluses for the mach-e but to put a performance tag on it comes with expectations in regards to acceleration, handling and top speed, range can be forgiven if the performance is there (see taycan) those intial paper specs are also lacking in some key aspects compared to other performance fords (a faster steering ratio is absent for one).

When ford USA abandoned the idea of selling further cars and concentrated instead on SUV / CUV with no mk4 focus st replacement for my mk3 in sight on this side of the pond I took an Edge ST for a test drive, talk about being massively underwhelmed and completly miss named :( sorry ford I think you really meant ST-line lol, so hopefully the delay gives the ford engineers time to make as many tweaks and changes as needed so the GT is not seen as just a quicker accelerating permium with some larger wheels and nice looking front grill.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Summer ends on September 22, 2021. Late doesn't sound encouraging for those who reserved a GT early.
I feel personally attacked

Edit: I'm guessing by the reactions that this wasn't taken as the joke it was intended...

Last edited:

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I love the front fascia of the GT. It does look a lot better. I'll admit that I've been tempted to reserve one in Dark Matter Grey, which I think looks better than Carbonized Grey, then take delivery of my First Edition and drive it until the GT is delivered. The only pause I have is the depreciation on the FE, but the tax credit may offset some of that. I'm sure I'd have no problem finding someone that would want to take the low-mileage FE off my hands late next year. The wildcard would be Ford Options and whether or not I'm committed to the FE, if I ultimately end up choosing that for financing.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Fun fact, the front pony logo outline on the GT was originally planned to light up in the blue/cyan color that the Mach E pony has always been advertised in, however due to some government regulation that only police vehicles can have blue lights in front it was changed to a white LED.
Bets that the lighted front pony logo goes the way of the space grey steering wheel trim? ??

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
The initial range was 235 then changed to 250, pure speculation on my part but I have always thought of the GT and the lack of concrete information meant it was a very late last minute addition to the model line up so very little actual development beyond the looks had taken place.

As it stands ford do need to improve upon some of those initial specs or give the current projected msrp a hair cut as when it comes to range and performance it is behind the model 3/Y there are plenty of pluses for the mach-e but to put a performance tag on it comes with expectations in regards to acceleration, handling and top speed, range can be forgiven if the performance is there (see taycan) those intial paper specs are also lacking in some key aspects compared to other performance fords (a faster steering ratio is absent for one).

When ford USA abandoned the idea of selling further cars and concentrated instead on SUV / CUV with no mk4 focus st replacement for my mk3 in sight on this side of the pond I took an Edge ST for a test drive, talk about being massively underwhelmed and completly miss named :( sorry ford I think you really meant ST-line lol, so hopefully the delay gives the ford engineers time to make as many tweaks and changes as needed so the GT is not seen as just a quicker accelerating permium with some larger wheels and nice looking front grill.
I always read the 250 miles versus the 235 as the base GT versus the performance edition, not a change.

My hope is they add a little more battery AND up the horsepower. Sub 3 seconds AND 270 miles would really be a great car.

That said, they may just be struggling to meet the original specs.
I don’t expect to see my 35,xxx GT until Thanksgiving or Christmas of 2021. Fortunately I have a Premium coming to drive in the mean time. ?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I love the front fascia of the GT. It does look a lot better. I'll admit that I've been tempted to reserve one in Dark Matter Grey, which I think looks better than Carbonized Grey, then take delivery of my First Edition and drive it until the GT is delivered. The only pause I have is the depreciation on the FE, but the tax credit may offset some of that. I'm sure I'd have no problem finding someone that would want to take the low-mileage FE off my hands late next year. The wildcard would be Ford Options and whether or not I'm committed to the FE, if I ultimately end up choosing that for financing.
I thought there was some caveat that if you took the tax credit you had to own the vehicle for 3 years or something to that effect?

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I thought there was some caveat that if you took the tax credit you had to won the vehicle for 3 years or something to that effect?
I know for NJ's rebate that is true, but I don't know if that applies to the fed tax deduction

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought there was some caveat that if you took the tax credit you had to won the vehicle for 3 years or something to that effect?
Good point, so I read into the tax credit information with the IRS. There is no rule stating you need to own the vehicle for three years. As long as you purchase and take delivery in that tax year, you're entitled to the credit. In my hypothetical case, I would have been making a second purchase of an EV, and I would be claiming both vehicles for the tax year 2021. If someone decided to purchase the FE from me, they would not be entitled to the credit because the vehicle would be used at that point.

Last edited:

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I saw this picture on Fords Instagram and it really looks great. The delays are a bummer, yet I'm still holding out for the GT.
So, I think I too am going to go get on the list for the GT. I have a Premium reserved right now but may not be able to help myself and may have to splurge for the GT.

Someone can redirect me to a thread or two because I know we've seen them as we all have been trying to glean as much from Ford as we possibly can about the GT, but the 'base GT' will start at 60,500... and it does not have a glass roof, but do we assume we'd be able to order the glass roof as an option at least? I can't only imagine that it'd be a 2 or 3k option. But I'd really like that glass roof.

As petty as it sounds, I may just have to stick with the Premium if I can't get the Glass Roof.

Plus, when I was looking at the side-by-side comparison of the Premium and the GT, aside from the power difference, I did notice that the GT won't have all the Co-Pilot 360 features that the premium will have, I know it isn't much but the GT won't have "Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera" and it also makes me nervous that on the specs sheet, it says "GT shown with optional equipment" which means, it may be 60,500 for the GT, but to get half the stuff they've been teasing, it may push the cost to 70K.

I may be coming to the realization that the Premium may be the way to go, get all the toys, and range and AWD, and be able to better manage my costs.

Ok, sorry for running at the mouth... i'ts just a big decision and the longer it goes, the more I seem to feel the GT 'slipping' away... and gasp, First World Problems, I may have to 'settle' for a Premium...

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I think I too am going to go get on the list for the GT. I have a Premium reserved right now but may not be able to help myself and may have to splurge for the GT.

Someone can redirect me to a thread or two because I know we've seen them as we all have been trying to glean as much from Ford as we possibly can about the GT, but the 'base GT' will start at 60,500... and it does not have a glass roof, but do we assume we'd be able to order the glass roof as an option at least? I can't only imagine that it'd be a 2 or 3k option. But I'd really like that glass roof.

As petty as it sounds, I may just have to stick with the Premium if I can't get the Glass Roof.

Plus, when I was looking at the side-by-side comparison of the Premium and the GT, aside from the power difference, I did notice that the GT won't have all the Co-Pilot 360 features that the premium will have, I know it isn't much but the GT won't have "Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera" and it also makes me nervous that on the specs sheet, it says "GT shown with optional equipment" which means, it may be 60,500 for the GT, but to get half the stuff they've been teasing, it may push the cost to 70K.

I may be coming to the realization that the Premium may be the way to go, get all the toys, and range and AWD, and be able to better manage my costs.

Ok, sorry for running at the mouth... i'ts just a big decision and the longer it goes, the more I seem to feel the GT 'slipping' away... and gasp, First World Problems, I may have to 'settle' for a Premium...
In Canada it was propose at $82,500 if I remember correctly without all the goodies, so I don't think they will sale that much here. The Premium is really the one to get.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

We have very few details on the GT and many are unconfirmed. Cost of GT Performance model? unknown. Glass roof? Most probably available, cost unknown. Technology pack needed for Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0? Probably. Cost may be similar to pack on Select but that's just a guess.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In Canada it was propose at $82,500 if I remember correctly without all the goodies, so I don't think they will sale that much here. The Premium is really the one to get.
I think I agree with @ChasingCoral that the Premium is the one to get after thinking this through. I really hadn't thought about the unknowns with the options and related price uplift. Am I really ever going to be able to enjoy the performance upgrades on the roads in the Chicago area? Probably not. I really don't want the insurance premium increases, either. That said, the FE will look good and meet my specifications, so I can be happy with it. I can always do appearance mods in the future if inclined.
Sponsored