harrism64

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Extended Range
Country flag
New Mach E owner who lives in NJ. My NJ power company PSE&G has a $1500 rebate for installing an "approved" home charger. My Ford dealer gave me the handout. I purchased the Ford home charger, had it professionally installed, submitted my rebate - just found out that the Ford home charger is not an approved device for the rebate as it only applies to "level 2 smart charger".
Wondering if anyone else has run into this as well?
thanks
Sponsored

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
New Mach E owner who lives in NJ. My NJ power company PSE&G has a $1500 rebate for installing an "approved" home charger. My Ford dealer gave me the handout. I purchased the Ford home charger, had it professionally installed, submitted my rebate - just found out that the Ford home charger is not an approved device for the rebate as it only applies to "level 2 smart charger".
thanks
I did the rebate through PSEG. Their website shows which chargers are eligible. It’s just Chargepoint and Juicebox. It’s a limited list because the EVSE needs to be able to send data back to PSEG. I found PSEG’s email support about this to be quite responsive when I reached out.

https://nj.myaccount.pseg.com/myservicepublic/electricvehicles

OP
OP

harrism64

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Extended Range
Country flag
I did the rebate through PSEG. Their website shows which chargers are eligible. It’s just Chargepoint and Juicebox. It’s a limited list because the EVSE needs to be able to send data back to PSEG. I found PSEG’s email support about this to be quite responsive when I reached out.

Thanks for your reply - I guess it would have been nice if my sales team at the dealer gave me that insight...appreciate your reply and clarification

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Thanks for your reply - I guess it would have been nice if my sales team at the dealer gave me that insight...appreciate your reply and clarification
At some point PSEG said they’d consider expanding their list of EVSEs; not sure if that language is still on their website. It could be worth it to reach out.

If you had the electrician install a plug vs hardwire, it still may be worth it to buy a ChargePoint or JuiceBox and get the $1500. You could try to return or sell the Ford.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Governor Murphy Launches Year Three of Charge Up New Jersey Electric Vehicle Incentive Program and Unveils New Residential EV Charger Program

Ok folks. Heres the rebate program for NJ.

The problem is you need to have ordered or got a car as of July 25th, 2022. Since I got my 2 allready. And one was just last month.

I am SOL......

DAM, this state is terrible. There a pittance in there for chargers. I have to go through the paperwork. So anyone thst JUST ORDERED OR JUST GOT THIER CARS, GET ON IT. best of luck.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
thanks
Sorry, but you knew ahead of time that it had to be an "approved" charger and didn't do your homework. It sucks that they don't cover just any charger, but there is a reason for it - they want to be able to monitor it remotely to gather data.

nashbrydges

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT performance
Country flag

"...EVSE needs to be able to send data back to PSEG." This is why I would never allow this. My electric company does not get info on my electricity use outside the connected meter.

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag

How long did it take after you sent all the paperwork to PSEG via the EV Portal to see the $1500 credit in your account?
I’m going on 3 weeks since everything was downloaded and haven’t seen any changes. I’m guessing the EV liaison is on Vaca.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
How long did it take after you sent all the paperwork to PSEG via the EV Portal to see the $1500 credit in your account?
I’m going on 3 weeks since everything was downloaded and haven’t seen any changes. I’m guessing the EV liaison is on Vaca.
I submitted my final inspection form on 6/22/22. I emailed them on 7/12 asking when my application might be processed. They replied on 7/19 saying it would be processed by week's end. The credit showed up on my account by 7/21.

BTW, they had a problem getting data from JuiceBox apparently. They said they'd issue off-peak credits retroactively but so far only a credit for 56kWh showed up on my 7/11-8/22 billing period, which is much less than my off-peak charging usage for the time period. We shall see.

It's interesting that they removed the requirement for the compatible smart chargers from the installation rebate program. At $0.0327 per kWh, it's going to take quite some time to make back the cost of the JuiceBox! But on the upside, it reduces my cost per mile by about 16%!

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Shockingly quick. The entire process was bizarrely smooth. I think I submitted, then within a couple days they let me know they needed one additional piece of info. Once I provided that, I had the money within a day or so.

Ampac27

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Laborer
Country flag
thanks
I was able to get the installation credit ($1,500) from PSE&G; however, after a few months receiving the charging credit, I was told that I would no longer qualify for the credit. If I want to continue to receive the charging credit, I need to switch my charger to a Chargepoint Smart Charger. They said that Ford stopped sharing charging information with PSE&G and therefore they cannot continue to provide the charging credit. The charging credit is $0.10 per kWh if I charge my vehicle from 9pm to 6am.
Sponsored