Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After maybe a month of thinking things had improved dramatically with car play and other minor issues, I got in the car today and car play would not work, no way no how, .

went on a short trip taking my granddaughter to a park. Get back in the car, start it and hear a bang. Did that three times and same bang. Turns out no sound from the radio or Sirius. the screen was also frozen, nothing I touched would move the screen. Rebooted several times, screen was not frozen anymore but still no sound. When I turned volume dial I heard loud bangs or clicking but no sound.

rebooted a couple of more times and sound came back but all my FM and AM radio presets were gone.

first time no sound and frozen screen had ever happened. In addition although I lose my preset Sirius stations from time to time I never lose the FM and Am stations as I did today.

I should also add the Fordpass didn’t connect for a while and I had to use passcode for the first time in months. Kept saying connecting but would not connect. Got it to work 10 minutes later by closing it down and reopening it,

lucky this didn’t happen to my wife as she is using the car more often as we get closer to turning in her X3 For another one. She doesn’t like flaky software.
Sponsored

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I had the same issue where there was a BANG when I started the car, and the radio would not play -- just a very loud bass thump whenever I changed the volume. However, I did manage to get music working through carplay and then the radio came back.

Not sure what happened.

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired