Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Got into my car today and the screen was completely black, and the usb charging ports also no longer have power. I checked the fuses for (what I think) power these and they appear to be good still. Anyone else ever see this? It is completely dead. No reset is possible.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Got into my car today and the screen was completely black, and the usb charging ports also no longer have power. I checked the fuses for (what I think) power these and they appear to be good still. Anyone else ever see this? It is completely dead. No reset is possible.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this screen concern for you? Thank you!

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag

jdhzzz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e AWD ER premium job 1
Occupation
Systems engineer (retired)
Country flag
A similar thing (kinda) happened to my Highlander's interior lights and garage door opener, both suddenly stopped working. Mice. Ugh. $2200 please.

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Update: they told me the same day that they ordered a new screen and expected it in the next day.

5 days later there is no new screen and now I’m being told they ordered something else from a third party vendor.

I had a feeling this would end with my car torn apart sitting at a dealership for over a month and it’s sadly coming true

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Good luck, mine was in and out for 3+ weeks, 1 day later still going black. This morning I had to hold volume down and seek right button for awhile, over 1 min to get it to come back. I'm not taking it in till it fries completely or my Lightning shows up with a normal screen vs this ridiculous design.

OP
OP

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Mine isn't going in and out or can be reset. Completely bricked. Was getting zero power. Screen and Sync were completely out.

At first they said they were replacing the whole screen... but then they say they ordered from a 3rd party vendor. I find it hard to believe the giant custom tablet is coming from a third party and not ford but who knows.
Sponsored