Main screen DEAD.......AGAIN!!!!! SOLUTION!! Or NOT

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
So have had the car since Halloween. GT. About 3 weeks in the main screen dies, 1 pedal driving quits, ford pass doesn't know where car is, etc.. FMC contacts me, take it in and they remove a fuse and put it back in. All good to go. This morning I'm backing out of garage and screen goes blank. No other errors this time. Controls on steering wheel for radio don't seem to work. Don't think it's the actual screen. Pull back into garage take my other vehicle to run my errands. 10 minutes later I get alert that there has been an update to my car. Apparently the bluecruise update. When I get home everything still dead. I remove negative battery terminal for 5 minutes. Nothing. Going to leave it off for 30 this time.

Anybody got any ideas?? Screen reset does nothing.

Going to make appointment with dealer. If it happens a 3rd time I'm going to lemon law it if they don't get this right.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Did you try the sync screen soft reset?
While the vehicle is turned on, hold the volume down and next track steering wheel buttons for several seconds.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Did you try the sync screen soft reset?
While the vehicle is turned on, hold the volume down and next track steering wheel buttons for several seconds.
Yes, stated that in original post. Sorry just frustrated.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Update. Loosing other functions. Just lost 1 pedal and now says headlamp error.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Wow, that sounds very frustrating. It looks like it was a good thing you had them document the first time this happened so you will have a complete record if needed in the future.

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
Really sad to see considering Ford is using "automotive" grade screens and this is still happening.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sounds like the car got a bad OTA update and its mucked things up. I highly doubt its an issue with the actual screen hardware. The car's hardware is pretty solid, its Ford's implementation of the software piece that is very lack luster.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Sounds like the car got a bad OTA update and its mucked things up. I highly doubt its an issue with the actual screen hardware. The car's hardware is pretty solid, its Ford's implementation of the software piece that is very lack luster.
Don't think this is the case as it happened before without an update. I know it's not just the screen because 1 pedal wouldn't stop, the steering wheel controls would still work, etc....

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Update.

When this first happened, the dealer said they removed a fuse and put it back in and it came back to life. I tried to one up this by removing the negative battery terminal. Didn't work. I reviewed the original work order and saw they wrote that they found the fuse not secured.
So before I took it in I pulled the panel down and looked at fuses. Low ans behold the fuse wasn't secured.....again. I pulled it out and reseated it and now I'm back in business.
So now I'm going to see if somehow it works itself out. If so I'll take to ford and have them replace base box.
If any one cares its the fuse for synch 4.

That or I'll tape the damn thing in place.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update.

When this first happened, the dealer said they removed a fuse and put it back in and it came back to life. I tried to one up this by removing the negative battery terminal. Didn't work. I reviewed the original work order and saw they wrote that they found the fuse not secured.
So before I took it in I pulled the panel down and looked at fuses. Low ans behold the fuse wasn't secured.....again. I pulled it out and reseated it and now I'm back in business.
So now I'm going to see if somehow it works itself out. If so I'll take to ford and have them replace base box.

That's an issue I would take care of and not just band-aid with tape, a loose fuse connection is going to cause all kinds of weirdness. This is more advanced, but if you can take the cover off and squeeze the fuse receptacle a bit with needle-nose pliers to tighten the connection that would fix it. Otherwise you want that replaced under warranty.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Update.

wow, this is crazy weird!

did you happen to get a picture of which fuse ?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Fuse location 17, SYNC

...and the only way to get to this is to pull the side covers AND the Frunk bin out, right?

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Really sad to see considering Ford is using "automotive" grade screens and this is still happening.
Which also buzz loudly, and Ford telling us "its normal".