Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update: Been over three months since it got cold again and the 12V started to die again like it did last winter. The answer I understand is not last years software fix this time but a BECM and a HVJB is required now. That is if they are available to install which they are not with no ETA in sight that I am aware of. Feeling for those that their car has been sitting in a dealers lot for months.

Mine has been on a 12V charger and is still sitting here but only being used locally as trips with this unpredictable/undependable vehicle in the winter is no longer an option now I am of this age. I have determined that a Crappy Tire 12V 15amp charger you can pick up for $70 maintains the 12V better than this $80,000 CAD car can.

My dealer has been great but it is hard to repair it without parts it appears. 5 to 10 working days for delivery after put on an emergency parts list did not come to pass. No parts for this defective EV right now but they are ramping up new EV production from what I hear.

Still support the EV movement. 4.5 months for a DOA sobdmc replacement and a functional charging schedule accompanied with a 12V that dies in the cold for two winter season and is still not fixed can unfortunately take some of the rah rah out of me on this offering. Fingers crossed for next winter as this second winter season was also a big fail for the mustang mach-e here. Appears a few Canadians/Alaskans know that now also. Here is hoping the third time is the charm for me. If/when that ever happens?

Dhruval Shah

First Name
Dhruval
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Update: Been over three months since it got cold again and the 12V started to die again like it did last winter. The answer I understand is not last years software fix this time but a BECM and a HVJB is required now. That is if they are available to install which they are not with no ETA in sight that I am aware of. Feeling for those that their car has been sitting in a dealers lot for months.

Mine has been on a 12V charger and is still sitting here but only being used locally as trips with this unpredictable/undependable vehicle in the winter is no longer an option now I am of this age. I have determined that a Crappy Tire 12V 15amp charger you can pick up for $70 maintains the 12V better than this $80,000 CAD car can.

My dealer has been great but it is hard to repair it without parts it appears. 5 to 10 working days for delivery after put on an emergency parts list did not come to pass. No parts for this defective EV right now but they are ramping up new EV production from what I hear.

Still support the EV movement. 4.5 months for a DOA sobdmc replacement and a functional charging schedule accompanied with a 12V that dies in the cold for two winter season and is still not fixed can unfortunately take some of the rah rah out of me on this offering. Fingers crossed for next winter as this second winter season was also a big fail for the mustang mach-e here. Appears a few Canadians/Alaskans know that now also. Here is hoping the third time is the charm for me. If/when that ever happens?
Mine is in since January and still no ETA on HVJB and BECM!

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine is in since January and still no ETA on HVJB and BECM!
Any news?
You would think it shouldn't take this long but I am waiting over a month now too
And you don't have your car either like @Dhruval Shah? Mine does not charge the 12V well and I have seen it draw for tens of hours trying. It drains quick sometimes also and definitely has a good draw when plugged in and parked. Doesn't charge the 12V well when driving either which makes it a bit undependable. Need it fixed but wow that sure does not happen fast for some. I understand they know the fix and it is a hardware problem that only some have been provided. Read someone has had 2 HVJB replaced and we can't get one. Read a post from March 15 and they had it replaced in a week. Maybe it is linked to Canadian owners that are left to sit but I did note one in Ottawa was successful at receiving parts?

Read here Alaska, BC, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and a number of northern States reporting the 12V dying in the cold. Been too long all winter waiting for parts. I could understand if they do not know what the fix is as I sure need this fixed right on their third try. That app frunk button would be helpful now for how many times I am in there hooking up a 12V charger and then plug in 240V. Thanks go out to @tonesto7 and his widget. I run it to know if the charger has tripped out. The 12V display on the script has been great and saved a lot of in and out.

The thrill has faded due to a couple of defects of the basic requirements of an EV and the time frame for repair. No favoritism in professionalism so maybe something is up or I am learning something about Ford? With how long it is taking maybe redesign and manufacture? ? Took 4.5 months for a SOBDMC but since the change it has charged the HVB well and not really any further problems other than charge faults. Summer is coming again and it would be nice to start to depend on this vehicle again. So far it has been a bit like them installing multiple software updates for the chosen few while they leave others buggered for half a year. Makes you want to discuss updates no? If 4.5 months holds again we are hoping for April. First defect it was brand new and cut them some slack to figure out the problem/fix but it appears they have known this fix for sometime now. Never know a company until you have problems. Don't always remember what the problem was just how it was handled.

Over a year with a defective vehicle here that Ford appears to be not too concerned about is my current take away. I feel my service is starting to avoid me; can not blame them as I would start to be a bit embarrassed at this point also. Not their fault that is obvious at this stage.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car went in last Tuesday and got it back yesterday. Charged from 70 to 85% L2 last night and this morning the widget say the 12V is @ 13V. Never saw that before unless it was hooked to a 12V charger so initial signs are something has changed and it is working better. Let the testing/confidence building begin again.

Invoice below reads a bit simpler than it was with a software fix a year ago and a new 12V fix early December for the same problem prior to this fix. My problem was the opposite to most here with the positive contact stuck open not closed but same fix it appears. They noted they monitored the vehicle and no drain but it was not plugged in and sitting not plugged in all summer did not show the problem. It was always plugged in and cold. Guess after the next winter I will know for sure but initial signs are positive. Now I have purchased an OBD2 over this I will see if it can get the 12V to 100% when traveling.

Dealers first and they noted they had a bit of concern as anything new may cause but I was informed with the scissor lift and how it lines up it was a piece of cake. All at the dealers toke interest as I am their training vehicle ;). Appears they done good. Requested and they told me they would touch up the undercoating (seams) but have not laid on the ground yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-e dead again Invoice
Sponsored