Dead car…..again.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
UPDATE:

Car is still dead. I had an appointment 6 Match so I had it towed on 2 March to the dealership while I had to go on a work trip. Got back and checked with the dealership 13 March. The car is still in the same spot as it was towed to. They stated they couldn’t get to it because the technician is still trying to figure out the 2 other Mach-e’s that are dead as well. Asked for a timeframe on when I could expect them to look at it….”as soon as we figure out the other two cars.” So pretty much I have been paying 4 months of a dead new vehicle.

I told the Ford rep to either buy back my vehicle or give me a new one. That is the only way for them to redeem themselves.

Ford has lost me as a customer. I am the 5th generation Ford owner in my family and I will be the last.

I loved the Mach-E when it worked but once I get the Mach-E back I will be selling it. I am done with Ford.
I don't blame you at all. If I went through that, I'd be done with Ford too - and a lawyer would be involved. Sorry you're going through this.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
All those communication error messages clearly point to either a dead battery or an open circuit (like a critter chewing through a wire). Given the deep sleep message I would bet on a dead 12V battery. It sounds like your dealership doesn't know what they're doing.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
All those communication error messages clearly point to either a dead battery or an open circuit (like a critter chewing through a wire). Given the deep sleep message I would bet on a dead 12V battery. It sounds like your dealership doesn't know what they're doing.
Agree.

That's a huge challenge for Ford and other EV makers - qualified techs and enough of them.

My dealership, as of last summer, had one fully trained EV tech despite being one of the largest Ford dealers. They said a major roadblock was the availability of classes. I haven't asked if they've solved that problem, but another large EV dealer nearby told me they have 3 certified techs, 2 of which do most of the servicing. Seems like they are ahead of the other dealership.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
I’m asking out of curiosity. Does responding to this Ford site help at all?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
IMO, yes. I had an issue I posted about in the forum and got the social media response. I sent them my VIN and they followed up with the dealer until all the work was done and I was satisfied. And then they gave me an extended warranty at no charge. Pretty cool.

areda11

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
none
Country flag
I wish Ford would have better trained dealerships and technicians on this car for cases like this when something goes wrong, whether just just making them take time to figure it out themselves leaving people without their cars for extended periods of time.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
UPDATE:

Car is still dead. I had an appointment 6 Match so I had it towed on 2 March to the dealership while I had to go on a work trip. Got back and checked with the dealership 13 March. The car is still in the same spot as it was towed to. They stated they couldn’t get to it because the technician is still trying to figure out the 2 other Mach-e’s that are dead as well. Asked for a timeframe on when I could expect them to look at it….”as soon as we figure out the other two cars.” So pretty much I have been paying 4 months of a dead new vehicle.

I told the Ford rep to either buy back my vehicle or give me a new one. That is the only way for them to redeem themselves.

Ford has lost me as a customer. I am the 5th generation Ford owner in my family and I will be the last.

I loved the Mach-E when it worked but once I get the Mach-E back I will be selling it. I am done with Ford.
It's unfortunate that you're going through this. It sucks because us, as customers, are the worst. We demand perfection from a company that has been around forever. When my HVBJB went out, I was mad too, especially with the lack of communication. But standing back and looking at it, Ford is faced with the same issues as most other companies; supply chain issues and lack of technicians. You are limited even more with your location.

Others have mentioned that Ford went in to fast and weren't prepared to deal with the issues of the Mach E, but there's got to be a point where you can't predict everything. We are the beta testers. Plain and simple. If they don't develop and produce the car, they'll never move forward. You can't find every single bug when the car is sitting in development with only a handful of testers.

I don't think you can name one manufacturer that has executed a new vehicle flawlessly.

Anywho, if you're willing to stick around for Ford, I know that people have managed to get rentals reimbursed, car payments reimbursed, as well as other misc expenses. So I think Ford is trying to do the right thing. Call me a Ford Fanboy, but it is what it is. 😅

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the don't recommend camp. I'm not devastated, I don't feel like the car is terrible, it looks nice on the eyes ... just wouldn't buy again as there are better more capable options for the money.

The car isn't ready, Ford Motor Company isn't ready, Ford dealerships aren't ready.

Don't believe the marketing hype, the car is lightyears behind the top-in-class options.
It's a $60,000 vehicle that is plagued with gremlins. Profile freeze, rear camera stays on and freezes, BC changes lanes for no reason, red ring of death while charging, bouncy ride with somewhat limited range for long trips. I'm in the don't recommend camp and really to me 60K is a lot of money for a piece of equipment not ready for prime time.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Sorry to hear about OPs issues. Car supposed to work because we rely on them so I understand the frustration.
I must be lucky because my 21 (put in service Jan 2022) has worked great for us.
I was out on a trip for Jan/Feb and came back March 8 car started right up and works.

I was afraid of battery issues because of new England cold.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do you have access to another dealer? If so , get in contact with Ford Customer Service and ask for the Battery-Electric Vehicle (BEV) Team. Have them get your vehicle transferred to another dealer since the current one seems to be stuck on someone else’s car. 🤦‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White)
Country flag
the dealership tries to help. Only problem is one certified tech that is still trying to learn. They mean well, just Ford techs are not ready to deal with all the issues. I don’t blamethe tech, I blame Ford for not preparing the dealershi/service tech with the training and support they nee.

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you want to keep the car at all, buy a 12v battery and replace it yourself.
Like I said, loved the car when it’s working. If I buy a new battery it doesn’t fix the issue on why it keeps habing issues. Plus buying a new car no one should have to worry about “buying” a new battery to try to fix issues.

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, commenting here does make a differenc. I am sure Ford media is tracking these sites. They have been in contact and are trying to help. But are limited with what they can do. Not they’re fault if Ford dealerships can’t figure things out.

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to hear about OPs issues. Car supposed to work because we rely on them so I understand the frustration.
I must be lucky because my 21 (put in service Jan 2022) has worked great for us.
I was out on a trip for Jan/Feb and came back March 8 car started right up and works.

I was afraid of battery issues because of new England cold.
I picked up my car Jan of 2022 as well. First 3 months it was grea. Since then, nothing but problems. Good luck with yours. I would NEVER a take a Mach-e on a road trip. They (at least mine) is not reliable enough for me to take it. Don’t need to be stranded any distance from home or help.
Sponsored