Willh9

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X
Hey everyone, first post here!

So I came here hunting for help with a dead screen a couple of weeks ago and found the volume down + next track button reset, which work perfectly. However, over the weekend the screen seems to have completely died. I've tried the reset many times and in different ways, e.g. ignition on/off, turning the car on with each key and phone, open door/closed door, nothing works.

Does anybody have any other tips? So frustrating as the car has only done 600 miles!

For a bit more context on what happened, here is the series of events.
  • Unlocked the car using the button on the key fob
  • Opened the boot by waving my foot under it
  • Walked back into the house to get some bags 3 or 4 times, with the key in my pocket. The house is far enough away from the car for the key to go out of range
  • I was putting the last bags in the boot and the boot started closing on me (actually hit my head on the locking mechanism :rolleyes:)
  • Closed all the doors, went back in the house to ask my better half if she was ready yet
  • Got in the car, started her up...screen completely dead, my profile hasn't loaded, can't control heat or the radio
  • We drove approx 75 miles then locked the car up at night hoping that in the morning it might have resolved itself but its still the same now
  • I can't help thinking that the car freaked out because it was unlocked but the key fob kept going in and out of range
It's a company car so I'm going to ring the lease company shortly but not expecting a quick turnaround!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Only other suggestion I would try if you are up for it would be to disconnect the 12 volt battery. Let it sit for a few minutes and then reattach. It’s like when control/alt/delete doesn’t work. You sometimes have to pull the power cable.
If you’re not up for it, since it’s a lease, making it someone else’s problem is an acceptable solution.

OP
OP

Willh9

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X
So I've disconnected the 12v twice, once for approx 1 minute then again for approx 4 minutes and no luck. Also had a look at the fuses and the SYNC fuse looks fine.

Booked in with the lease company on the 28th, limited driving for the next week!

bwr1338

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

So I came here hunting for help with a dead screen a couple of weeks ago and found the volume down + next track button reset, which work perfectly. However, over the weekend the screen seems to have completely died. I've tried the reset many times and in different ways, e.g. ignition on/off, turning the car on with each key and phone, open door/closed door, nothing works.

Does anybody have any other tips? So frustrating as the car has only done 600 miles!

• Walked back into the house to get some bags 3 or 4 times, with the key in my pocket. The house is far enough away from the car for the key to go out of range
  • I was putting the last bags in the boot and the boot started closing on me (actually hit my head on the locking mechanism :rolleyes:)
  • Closed all the doors, went back in the house to ask my better half if she was ready yet
  • Got in the car, started her up...screen completely dead, my profile hasn't loaded, can't control heat or the radio
  • We drove approx 75 miles then locked the car up at night hoping that in the morning it might have resolved itself but its still the same now
  • I can't help thinking that the car freaked out because it was unlocked but the key fob kept going in and out of range
It's a company car so I'm going to ring the lease company shortly but not expecting a quick turnaround!
There are updates to the software that may fix this issue. Get it in.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good afternoon. I would like to look into your Mach-E's screen issues on my end. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?

OP
OP

Willh9

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X
Good afternoon. I would like to look into your Mach-E's screen issues on my end. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer to get started?
Thanks, I've sent a DM

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Try rotating your headlight switch from "Auto" to "Off." Wait a little bit, then rotate it back to "Auto." ??

OP
OP

Willh9

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X
Try rotating your headlight switch from "Auto" to "Off." Wait a little bit, then rotate it back to "Auto." ??
Thanks, but unfortunately no luck.

However, I did try the volume reset again while I was there and because its dark I noticed the USB slots flashed which leads me to believe the reset is actually working but the screen is facing a different issue...

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your vin number and dealer info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Bad bot ?
Jk. I was trying to help OP. You may want to talk to them as they have the problem, not me.
Sponsored