John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Since the FE is built on a Premium....the price drop applies. The difference is $1600 so might as well get it this year for $100 more.
Call your dealer and see if there are any FEs available. Ford is trying to fill those slots. I think my dealer said that Ford wanted to close the book on FE orders today.
Does your FE order show up on your Ford owner page yet under reservations? Please let me know if you do. Mine only shows the cancellation of the original order.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wanting to and being able to are not the same... Originally they wanted to at the end of last month. Personally, I will not complete my order without some sort of test drive and I'm probably not the only one.
Not a problem. If your dealer agrees your order deposit with them is refundable (in writing) then place the order. When you test drive it and love it, you buy it. If you don't love it when you test drive it, you don't buy it and get your deposit back. The dealer has a nice car to sell off the lot. If it's a First Edition, they might even be able to add ADM to one on the floor.

My dealer told me (and put in an email) the deposit was refundable. He also was clear that if I didn't buy it he was sure he would have no trouble selling a Grabber Blue First Edition! They had 25 reservations at the time.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My dealer told me (and put in an email) the deposit was refundable. He also was clear that if I didn't buy it he was sure he would have no trouble selling a Grabber Blue First Edition! They had 25 reservations at the time.
My dealer didn't offer that option. That said, I haven't asked them to consider it. He didn't seem to be too excited about selling it... I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Does your FE order show up on your Ford owner page yet under reservations? Please let me know if you do. Mine only shows the cancellation of the original order.
Does it show up under those that completed the order normally?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No. Not yet. My order screen still shows the Premium AWD that I spec'd back in June.

Dealer rep said he would call me today with the new order confirmation before doing anything with my existing order.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Wanting to and being able to are not the same... Originally they wanted to at the end of last month. Personally, I will not complete my order without some sort of test drive and I'm probably not the only one.
I understand your concern. Totally valid. This is probably the reason some FE slots are now available again. There are some of us that dont have as many reservations about the vehicle and are ready to buy so I am glad Ford is trying to accommodate us.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My dealer didn't offer that option. That said, I haven't asked them to consider it. He didn't seem to be too excited about selling it... I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Key items I made sure to get in writing from the dealer:
1) Accept A-Z plan pricing?
2) No ADM -- actually is part of #1 but good to have the assurance?
3) Is deposit with dealer refundable?

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm trying to remember... The FE is a Premium AWD ER with a few cosmetic upgrades, right? But it's $59,900? While the Premium AWD ER is $57,700? What do you get for the extra $2200 other than painted calipers and interior stitching?

Just asking on the 0.00001% chance my dealer calls for offers it too.
When I made my reservation last November 17th the FE price was $59,900 plus $400 for the rapid red color. When i converted it to an order in June the FE price was $59,300 plus the $400 or $59,700. A rapid red premium would be $58,100 now. And yes the difference is cosmetic and getting early, maybe even getting it this year. I'm planning (hoping) on picking it up on Black Friday. MY reservation/order is # 10004155.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So, I have my new order confirmation for the First Edition but it isn't linked to my Ford Owner page. The dealer rep doesn't know how to do that so he is going to ask Dearborn for some help on Monday. Meanwhile, he sent me a screen shot from his order system for the FE with my name attached.

Not surprisingly, I can't get an Infinite Blue FE. Not a big deal. Carbonized Grey is my next best choice because I am unable to get the light grey interior in Rapid Red in FE trim. Will be totally happy with a Carbonized Grey First Edition. Will add my own thin red accent stripes somewhere to give it a personal touch but not in a (in-your-face) way.

At the moment, my existing reservation is still active. Dealer rep doesn't want to cancel it just yet because they might want it for stock and/or they have someone else interested in it already. So, he asked if we can hold tight for the weekend until he figures out what they want to do. According to the dealer rep, Ford has a requirement that at least 90 percent of the vehicles shipped go to the person named on the order. Must be a method to keep the dealers honest. So, I am sure my original order will get cancelled. I don't expect to see the FE on my Ford home page but that is okay. I am okay with having the confirmation page from the dealer rep. He has been very helpful through this whole process. We both are learning together and communication has been top notch. I can get used to this online pre-order process but having a dealership rep to help as a point of contact is a very nice touch. I think Ford is onto something here.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
So, I have my new order confirmation for the First Edition but it isn't linked to my Ford Owner page. The dealer rep doesn't know how to do that so he is going to ask Dearborn for some help on Monday. Meanwhile, he sent me a screen shot from his order system for the FE with my name attached.

Not surprisingly, I can't get an Infinite Blue FE. Not a big deal. Carbonized Grey is my next best choice because I am unable to get the light grey interior in Rapid Red in FE trim. Will be totally happy with a Carbonized Grey First Edition. Will add my own thin red accent stripes somewhere to give it a personal touch but not in a (in-your-face) way.

At the moment, my existing reservation is still active. Dealer rep doesn't want to cancel it just yet because they might want it for stock and/or they have someone else interested in it already. So, he asked if we can hold tight for the weekend until he figures out what they want to do. According to the dealer rep, Ford has a requirement that at least 90 percent of the vehicles shipped go to the person named on the order. Must be a method to keep the dealers honest. So, I am sure my original order will get cancelled. I don't expect to see the FE on my Ford home page but that is okay. I am okay with having the confirmation page from the dealer rep. He has been very helpful through this whole process. We both are learning together and communication has been top notch. I can get used to this online pre-order process but having a dealership rep to help as a point of contact is a very nice touch. I think Ford is onto something here.
I also got a copy of the order page with my name. My dealership has also been very helpful. I do want to get it linked on my page because then I can track progress on my own and get more info. They cancelled my original order right away. And I wanted Rapid Red anyway, so no worries on color.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Key items I made sure to get in writing from the dealer:
1) Accept A-Z plan pricing?
2) No ADM -- actually is part of #1 but good to have the assurance?
3) Is deposit with dealer refundable?
I know it's a long-shot, but I reached out to my dealer to ask about the possibility of changing my premium reservation to a First Edition. I was hoping that someone who previously reserved a FE with the dealer was no longer interested, and perhaps I could sweep in. I doubt it will work, especially because my delaer could barely handle the ordering process to begin with. Now I'm asking to change my order.....I'm not holding my breath.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I know it's a long-shot, but I reached out to my dealer to ask about the possibility of changing my premium reservation to a First Edition. I was hoping that someone who previously reserved a FE with the dealer was no longer interested, and perhaps I could sweep in. I doubt it will work, especially because my delaer could barely handle the ordering process to begin with. Now I'm asking to change my order.....I'm not holding my breath.
I thought about doing the same thing but ended up nixing the idea. Getting through the order process with the only dealer here was an "experience." Asking for a change was would be even worse imo. Besides, I want an infinite blue MME.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I thought about doing the same thing but ended up nixing the idea. Getting through the order process with the only dealer here was an "experience." Asking for a change was would be even worse imo. Besides, I want an infinite blue MME.
Ya, I know what you're saying. My premium reservation is an infinite blue as well. We'll see what the dealer says.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here. It was a chore getting it straightened out after a rocky start. The GM was really good once he got involved, but I don't think it's worth trying to tempt fate now that it appears my order is correct.
Sponsored