Odd new response from android auto

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
I have been able to use voice command through android auto without issue for the last several months by saying "call wife" or " call Bill Smith". The calls would go through. Now if I give the same command it responds with "OK, let me get some more information to help you with that, tap on the notification on your device". There is no notification on the mach e screen or cell phone, Samsung galaxy s21, to tap on. If I say call 800- 555-1111 it connects the call. I have not changed anything on the phone or the mach e settings. Anyone having similar issues or have any advise as t how to remedy this?
Sponsored

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have been able to use voice command through android auto without issue for the last several months by saying "call wife" or " call Bill Smith". The calls would go through. Now if I give the same command it responds with "OK, let me get some more information to help you with that, tap on the notification on your device". There is no notification on the mach e screen or cell phone, Samsung galaxy s21, to tap on. If I say call 800- 555-1111 it connects the call. I have not changed anything on the phone or the mach e settings. Anyone having similar issues or have any advise as t how to remedy this?
I stopped using Android Auto a while back because Audible wouldn't play nice with it. The book would suddenly stop playing over the speakers, but in the app the book would keep playing. I'd have to turn Bluetooth off on my Pixel 4XL and play from the speakers on the phone. This was after the fix to prevent the book from starting over every time it connected via Android Auto. In the end audible is more important to me than any features Android Auto added, so now I just use the standard Bluetooth connection in the car.

I've thought about giving AA another shot this next week and will see if I have the same problem you do.