NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e California Route 1
Country flag
same issue.. called Fordpass support they told me it was an isolated issue ; asked me to reboot phone, re-pair phone with car, re-install spotify etc....obviously the problem is still here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shadowsjc

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Update: the problem is still here. I don't think it's a phone or android auto issue. Last weekend I was on vacation and rented a car (Volkswagen Taos). I paired my phone to the rental car using wireless android auto (same setup as my mach-e at home). It worked flawlessly. No skips, stuttering, etc. I drove 2.5 hours each way with music playing and the google maps navigation running. Worked perfectly.

As soon as I got home I got in the mach-e. Connected via wireless android auto. Same phone, same settings. The stuttering and skipping starts almost immediately.

I think there's something wrong in the latest Ford power ups. Especially the recent one that added more features (games, alexa, etc). Maybe there's too many features which is causing the infotainment system to lag?

@Ford Motor Company this is not an isolated issue but something that's affecting many people. I don't suspect that a dealer can/will fix it, but we'd need to forward this issue to the team that develops the power up software

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Same problems here, Pixel 5. Nearly two years with vehicle and this issue only surfaced recently. Nothing has worked, reboot, uninstall, reinstall, resetting all wireless and Bluetooth, deleting app cache and storage. Nothing is resolving and nothing has changed on phone, seems it is a power up update that has wreaked havoc on audio. Very annoying.

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad that I am not the only one having this issue. Thinking if this is only happening on the 2021 models? Def not a phone /cable issue. Was on the phone with Fordpass few weeks ago, said they are working on an update to resolve the issue, but no timeline @Ford Motor Company Please advise ? This is super annoying

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Will Ford provide some way to upgrade the tablet screen device with a better processor or increase the memory RAM?

Seems to me the tablet has been under powered from day one. Slow to update, screen movements are slow, connection issues, etc. All seems to be like a cheap PC with too weak of a processor, too little RAM and weak graphics card.

As software grows more complex, will my Mach E be like an old PC that just needs to be tossed out and replaced?

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
was on the phone with Fordpass just now, they said this is a known issue and part of a TSB- and that R&D team is looking into it. I really hope it resolves with an OTA update not having us take another dreadful trip to the dealership where car sits for days, and they mess up other things in the process . ( My PAAK was working fine until I took it to the dealership to do the recall and "update". Now it does not work AT ALL)

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Been dealing with this for a bit and thought maybe it was my phone (S22ultra), and finally after the worst of it last night, which went from a couple skips per song, to almost every few seconds I got fed up and came here. It only started maybe a monthish ago and since I recently moved where 5G is everywhere I thought it was my phone bouncing around the 5G towers causing this. I'm relieved that it's not just me and not my phone but definitely something with my car. Hopefully this gets fixed quick because singing to my steering wheel is awkward when the song keeps skipping and I'm not singing with the song anymore. :(

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Been dealing with this for a bit and thought maybe it was my phone (S22ultra), and finally after the worst of it last night, which went from a couple skips per song, to almost every few seconds I got fed up and came here. It only started maybe a monthish ago and since I recently moved where 5G is everywhere I thought it was my phone bouncing around the 5G towers causing this. I'm relieved that it's not just me and not my phone but definitely something with my car. Hopefully this gets fixed quick because singing to my steering wheel is awkward when the song keeps skipping and I'm not singing with the song anymore. :(
I have the same phone, and I knew it wasn't the phone because I didn't have the cut out/skipping tracks lag till one of the powerup updates.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Mine keeps doing it and even when using USB cable. Pixel 5.

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had an ongoing ticket with Fordpass which they escalated. After going back and forth a few times ( sending them video clips of the audio "clipping" , restarting, resetting, re-pairing, etc) the response from Ford is that this may be related to buffering or Android Auto which isn't part of the recent OTA, which I am having hard time to believe because I did not have this issue prior to this update. I guess we will be stuck with this until Ford takes responsibility. I suggest everyone to call Fordpass and further escalate it as well. Its really annoying to have audio skipping every min like its an old record player. smh

OP
OP
shadowsjc

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
What's the best way to get in toich with them? Can you share the # or email address?

I had an ongoing ticket with Fordpass which they escalated. After going back and forth a few times ( sending them video clips of the audio "clipping" , restarting, resetting, re-pairing, etc) the response from Ford is that this may be related to buffering or Android Auto which isn't part of the recent OTA, which I am having hard time to believe because I did not have this issue prior to this update. I guess we will be stuck with this until Ford takes responsibility. I suggest everyone to call Fordpass and further escalate it as well. Its really annoying to have audio skipping every min like its an old record player. smh

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
It's 100% not phone based...my P7 pro works perfect on my wife's MME which is on an earlier version. Mine it clips on.

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's 100% not phone based...my P7 pro works perfect on my wife's MME which is on an earlier version. Mine it clips on.
Yes, I do not think its phone based at all. I just downgraded Android Auto to a previous working version and turned off auto updates from my phone. I will be testing with it tonight and let everybody know !

NeonMustang

First Name
Magfur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got a response back from Fordpass again- They will not take any further steps to resolve the issue. The engineers are not recognizing this as a SYNC-specific issue. I have referred to your case where it works on your wife's MME with older OTAs, but they do not believe this is true. @Ford Motor Company what is going on???
Sponsored