Android Auto wireless

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Hmm.. that's a thought. I'm going to try not putting it on the charger and see if it still happens
I also have heat issues with AA and wireless charging. I have a Galaxy Fold 2 and if it's sitting on the charging pad for a while it gets really hot while running AA. It takes a while (usually more than 30 minutes or so) but then my audio starts cutting out and my phone screen stutters. I'm going to refrain from using the charging pad while AA is running and just plug it in when I need a charge. If I use Bluetooth instead I'll see if I still have heat issues with the charging pad.
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
hmmm, interesting thought about the heat being the issue. I have the same phone and similar issue with it only charging for a while. Otherwise AA has always worked flawlessly for me, although Paak is a hot mess.
I mentioned in another thread I don't have the issue with wireless charging turning off when using bluetooth, it's only when AA running. I'm all but certain it's a heat issue.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
I'm having terrible problems with AA. Every time I'm using it the audio will start cutting out and get super-choppy. If I pick up the phone and unlock it and open or close an app it stops doing it but will start again in less than a minute. It's an MME or Sync 4 issue, and only when using it wirelessly. I don't have the same issue running AA on other Sync 3 equipped vehicles. Driving me crazy!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm having terrible problems with AA. Every time I'm using it the audio will start cutting out and get super-choppy. If I pick up the phone and unlock it and open or close an app it stops doing it but will start again in less than a minute. It's an MME or Sync 4 issue, and only when using it wirelessly. I don't have the same issue running AA on other Sync 3 equipped vehicles. Driving me crazy!
My phone does this every now and again, when using Android Auto. I'm pretty sure it's your phone causing this and not the vehicle. Mine seems to do this when it's running and switching among too many tasks.

You could try disabling Wireless Android Auto (in the AA settings on your phone), and connect with a cable to see if that is better.

Or try restarting your phone so that some more RAM is available for AA's needs, and memory pressure is relieved a little bit.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
My phone does this every now and again, when using Android Auto. I'm pretty sure it's your phone causing this and not the vehicle. Mine seems to do this when it's running and switching among too many tasks.

You could try disabling Wireless Android Auto (in the AA settings on your phone), and connect with a cable to see if that is better.

Or try restarting your phone so that some more RAM is available for AA's needs, and memory pressure is relieved a little bit.
This choppy/cutting out audio is a known wireless Android Auto issue at the moment, affecting not just MMEs but lots of phones/cars.

NewRadiant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20201 Mach W
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have this issue as well with AA wireless, but it's not the phone. AA wireless will work flawlessly until I go into any settings menu from the tablet IE. Adjusting tone settings, switching driving modes. The audio will immediately go choppy and will not resolve until a full volume down right skip hold reboot of the car console. This ironically enough, resets the tone settings I just saved. Hopefully a fix is on the way

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
So.. Got delivery two weeks ago and been using android auto with an USB cable... And today, out of the blue, it connected wirelessly ? I'm using a Pixel 5 phone and didn't update anything recently.

I hope it keeps working that way!
I just switched from an iPhone 10 to a Pixel 6 Pro...works wirelessly just like the iPhone.
Sponsored