Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
Ordered a Mach E at the dealership and it's been over 3 weeks and haven't heard a word from Ford. Are they that bad? It's hard to believe that don't give you any feedback on the order. It looks like I'm still in a queue just waiting for them to assign a VIN. The dealer has no info....they are a joke.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Three weeks? I mean no offense, but if you're getting impatient after 3 weeks, this may not be the ordering process for you. A lot of us reserved in 2019 and don't have our cars yet. I wouldn't expect you to hear anything until your build date is scheduled and VIN assigned. You're likely still a couple months away from that stage.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Ordered a Mach E at the dealership and it's been over 3 weeks and haven't heard a word from Ford. Are they that bad? It's hard to believe that don't give you any feedback on the order. It looks like I'm still in a queue just waiting for them to assign a VIN. The dealer has no info....they are a joke.
Your dealer should have set some expectations for a long wait on delivery.

OP
OP

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
Three weeks? I mean no offense, but if you're getting impatient after 3 weeks, this may not be the ordering process for you. A lot of us reserved in 2019 and don't have our cars yet. I wouldn't expect you to hear anything until your build date is scheduled and VIN assigned. You're likely still a couple months away from that stage.
Not getting impatient....expecting 12 weeks or so but Ford should be able to tell you this. Technology is too good now. If your 1000 on a list & udo 100 a week it's simple math.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not getting impatient....expecting 12 weeks or so but Ford should be able to tell you this. Technology is too good now. If your 1000 on a list & udo 100 a week it's simple math.
They should. But they don't. Are you expecting 12 weeks until delivery or 12 weeks before you get a production date assigned? The latter is likely accurate. You're probably looking at sometime in the fall for delivery.

OP
OP

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
Your dealer should have set some expectations for a long wait on delivery.
They don't know. Expecting 12 weeks or so but Ford should know.
If u do 100 a week & ur 1000 on a list its easy math. Technology too good.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Stop trolling. You either have no clue about ordering or you're justcausing problems. I'd bet on the latter.

There's a worldwide parts shortage atm. It affects every car made in the world. Things are slow. You'll get a VIN when your car is assigned to a build week. And 12 weeks to delivery is shockingly unrealistic. 12 weeks until you get a build date? Much more realistic.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is a world wide chip shortage affecting all aspects of manufacturing. Your in for a long wait. Either be patient or go find another car.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Stop trolling. You either have no clue about ordering or you're justcausing problems. I'd bet on the latter.

There's a worldwide parts shortage atm. It affects every car made in the world. Things are slow. You'll get a VIN when your car is assigned to a build week. And 12 weeks to delivery is shockingly unrealistic. 12 weeks until you get a build date? Much more realistic.
For me the delays aren’t the issue. The lack of information is. It’s not just me. I’ve dealt with my salesman before. I trust him. Ford has him as much in the dark as I. Ditto for his manager and even the regional rep.

OP
OP

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag

Honestly...trolling?? Causing problems?? Thats absurd.
Your 2nd paragraph was a slightly informative at best. This is no place for the former comment. Best not to write anything.?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I ordered in January. Was told not to expect to see my car until October or November. I went internet hunting and called every dealer in the NorthEastern US that showed one on their lot. I’ve bought two now. One for my wife and one for me. Bought mine yesterday. If you’re not willing to wait, they can be found. But it takes work.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I was 6 weeks without any update other than Order ready. Instead there are a few customers who are abandoning their orders. Go to autotrader and search for the car you are looking for, call the dealers to make sure they aren't charging ADM and then buy the car drive or ship it back. I landed my GB FE that way instead of the rapid red AWD Premium that I had on order. Now I am trying to get dealer to cancel my current order and get back my deposit monies.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
OP, as others have stated, I think you should search for a car that's already sitting at a dealer somewhere. Some will ship to you too. Just be sure to avoid paying any dealer markup. Good luck!

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was 6 weeks without any update other than Order ready. Instead there are a few customers who are abandoning their orders. Go to autotrader and search for the car you are looking for, call the dealers to make sure they aren't charging ADM and then buy the car drive or ship it back. I landed my GB FE that way instead of the rapid red AWD Premium that I had on order. Now I am trying to get dealer to cancel my current order and get back my deposit monies.
The thing is I am willing to wait. Just throw me a bone. Give me a delivery month and I’ll shut up and patiently wait, well perhaps not patiently but at least quietly.

For almost $60k is that an unreasonable request?
Sponsored