vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang mach e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
you are all going to love this, the last OTA I received was in January of this year.
I called the OTA team and asked what my car should have, they said I am up to date.
I kind of just forgot about it, even though they reminded me that the car should be off, parking brake on,
light switch to off not auto, all doors and windows up and locked and not plugged in to a charger.
so as of Monday 5/8 nothing happened and then it gets weird
I went to play golf on Monday 5/8 when I returned to the car it said update succesfulll to 4.2.1
ok that's good I thought, didn't really notice anything different, then I went to the golf range on Wednesday 5/10,
when I got back in the car it said update successfull to 4.2.2, then I noticed some changes, camera button up top and knob does volume
and fan and other things, pretty cool, so today I go back to the golf range and when I return low and behold update
successfull to 4.2.3 , really so if you want an update you have to go to the golf course.
I am going back tomorrow will keep you all posted as to what happens
Sponsored

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
The same updates happened to me with my 2021 GT. :) I was on Power up 3.6.2 until last week, but just got 3 updates within a week! I don't play golf btw. ; )

But I'm also a little confused about when the updates happen. I thought it only happens when connected to WiFi. But similar to you, two of my updates happened when I actually wasn't at home with the car. I'm sure someone here has an explanation for that though!

Edit:
Actually, I just checked - it wasn't exactly the same for me. Seems like I was always one version ahead of you actually ;) For me it was 4.2.2 on May 3rd or 4th, 4.2.3 on May 5th and then yesterday (May 10th) got updated to 4.2.4 !

Edit 2: I'm just going to misuse this post as a log for myself to keep track of updates lol... Today (August 19th) my Mach-E finally updated to 4.2.6 after months of failed updates. Did a 3 hours drive, and then plugged it into a 110V outlet for 5 hours, before starting the update.

Edit 3: On January 30th 2024 my car did the Power-Up 6.4.0.

Last edited:

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Itā€™s happening to all EVs. When Ford pushed 4.2.5 out it started pushing everyone to update and by next week you should have 4.2.5ā€¦ I think this update requires all previous to be pushed in sequence.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Can we check if it is a specific golf course it works at other ones too. Golf score optional.

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I had not received an update in 6 months, then the exact same thing happened to me, only I was visiting family in AZ. I drove to Prescott from So Cal on Monday 5/1 and returned Thursday 5/4, having received 3 updates while on my trip. I think I'd rather to golfing.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Itā€™s happening to all EVs. When Ford pushed 4.2.5 out it started pushing everyone to update and by next week you should have 4.2.5ā€¦ I think this update requires all previous to be pushed in sequence.
Maybe, maybe not. I last got 4.2.2 prior to receiving 4.2.5. 4.2.5 turned my driverā€™s seat to full hot and the HVAC setting to fill cold. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
Same here - no updates since December and Iā€™ve just recently started receiving them daily (sometimes 2x daily). Up to 3.5.4.2 as of yesterday.

Note: the very first recent update came when I was charging outdoors at work. First time Iā€™d done that in months. I thought at first this was evidence that my car was not connecting to WiFi in my garage at night, but several of recent the updates came while at home.

Cool Papa B

First Name
Oyebadejo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
I just got the 4.2.2 update yesterday. There is a camera button at the top of the screen. Does anyone know what that's for? I pressed it but nothing happens.