macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
When I was in the car today I noticed a strange issue. There were two tiles on the screen for Apple Car Play. I could move all the other tiles by opening and closing things but one of the Apple Car play tiles always stayed in the left most position and would be seen as a Ghost image behind whatever other tile took over that position. I shut the car off and then back on but it was still there. Finally when I got home and left the car off for a while it disappeared. On a related note while trying to clear the problem I decided to turn off Bluetooth on my phone. When I did this I noticed that I appear to have two Bluetooth connections to the car. One of them is a 5 digit number followed by MACH E ( XXXXX MACH E). The other one says Mustang Mach E. Is this normal? Both were listed as connected. I also noticed that since I got the car the tile says iPhone always says not connected even when I am using Apple Car Play. I can use Siri to text or make a call but if I say OK Ford call Joe it says the phone is not connected.

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
One of the Bluetooth connections is for PaaK. The other is for everything else.

You can reset the center screen via the steering wheel by holding both volume down and next track for several seconds.
Thanks. Thats a big help

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I've had the "ghost" tiles on numerous occasions, always on longer trips.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don’t believe the Bluetooth connection to a phone is available when using CarPlay. That means no Sync 4 phone commands are available - all phone commands must be done through Siri. One thing I’ve wondered about is how E911 works when using CarPlay? E911 works through Sync 4 and when using CarPlay, as noted, Sync 4 can’t place calls, including 911, because there’s no phone connected to Bluetooth.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don’t believe the Bluetooth connection to a phone is available when using CarPlay. That means no Sync 4 phone commands are available - all phone commands must be done through Siri. One thing I’ve wondered about is how E911 works when using CarPlay? E911 works through Sync 4 and when using CarPlay, as noted, Sync 4 can’t place calls, including 911, because there’s no phone connected to Bluetooth.
Sync voice commands for my pixel5 work through Android Auto. I have google voice assistant and the "Ok Ford" disabled; I hit the sync voice command button and tell it to call someone and it immediately comes up with the sync4 confirmation prompt.
Sponsored