Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
The PAAK update the dealer did previously resolves a lot of issues for sure. This update seems to make it even more reliable so far. Just no guarantee that your dealer will actually apply it.
Why would they resist applying it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Why would they resist applying it?
My guess - it's possible. You might need to find a Technical Bulletin in order to force their hand. It also depends on how busy/short staffed, friendly etc. I'm sure if you're a regular they would do it for you. Every dealer is different. I can imagine they don't want to do a bunch of software updates for people.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have many of the issues you discussed (key not detected after start, App needs to be on screen to start, with out fob the car needs an extra second to recognize the phone, etc...). However when I 1st got the car PAAK did not work at all. Then I recieved the software patch via the dealer and the phone has not "failed me" since. Do I need this RFA module update in addition to the software patch I already received?

Thx
Send me your VIN and I'll check

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
PAAK works 80-90% of the time for me until some days it doesn't, it's weird. I doubt mine has the update though, hopefully this comes OTA as well. But not sure when I'll ever get one.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
well, we were told more PaaK updates were coming - e.g. it was in the Inside EVs podcast interview a little while back - so this seems to confirm that. this would be at least the second one, of course.

more reason for Ford to finish sorting out its OTA deployment issues. this one would make a lot of people happy.

thanks @DevSecOps for the info.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just an FYI - if you've had the PaaK recall done relatively recently, you likely already have this RFA version installed. @DevSecOps was nice enough to check my VIN and confirm that I don't need this RFA update. I had the PaaK recall done at the dealer on 9/17.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Is there somewhere on the car itself we can tell what version it is? I've had my GT about 2 months now. If not, what specific updates do I tell the dealership I need?

PaaK isn't terrible, works like 75 percent of the time. I've entered my code far more times than I want to though. Often times it just refuses to start unless I do.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Is there somewhere on the car itself we can tell what version it is? I've had my GT about 2 months now. If not, what specific updates do I tell the dealership I need?
You can't tell by the car. My GTPE had a build date of late July and all of the newer vehicles that I've scanned have come back in need of it. If you DM me your VIN I will check it later tonight when I'm home and provide you a screen shot of what modules are needed.

snickerson123

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
A little off topic, but with everything I've been reading from these forums about the 12v battery needing a source hooked up while updates are applied to the car; do you think that may be part of the problem Ford is having with the delay of pushing out the OTA update for blue cruise? Maybe they are afraid they will kill a bunch of cars with a large update. Thoughts?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A little off topic, but with everything I've been reading from these forums about the 12v battery needing a source hooked up while updates are applied to the car; do you think that may be part of the problem Ford is having with the delay of pushing out the OTA update for blue cruise? Maybe they are afraid they will kill a bunch of cars with a large update. Thoughts?
OTA updates differently than how the dealers do them. It can update much faster though an OTA, and can even update while the car is running and then the next time the car is started it will have the newer firmware.
Sponsored