joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
So I took my Rapid Red Mach E to the guy who I am going to have ceramic coat the car in a couple of weeks so he could wash it. It was in *really* bad shape because it had been in service and I told them not to wash the car because I was doing the ceramic coating and he did not want any more contaminates in the paint. After taking the literal puddles of pollen off, we found a chip in the paint on the hood. Pictures below. I had only had the car for 2 days before it went into service and maybe put on a total of 100 miles myself before finding this chip

Question is, how hard is it going to be to touch this up? I don't know if they are going to believe me that it was already there, and I don't want to get into a protracted repair cycle with trying to repaint the whole hood. If it's a small blemish that doesn't stand out as bad as the actual chip I'm not going to flip out, but it can't be bare metal like that. It also has to be smooth and flat enough for my ceramic guy to do his thing

So, opinions on my situation here? How screwed am I?

k9zdElkZ1hUbGdOdkVNZ1oxSSIsImlhdCI6MTYxNzUzNDAwMH0.jpg

0hIZ2dhTG1qaFpWaEpZSUZ6MCIsImlhdCI6MTYxNzUzNDAwMH0.jpg

zdKNWpTUzJJLTJneHFBa001MCIsImlhdCI6MTYxNzUzNDAwMH0.jpg

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Air brush touch up, Expel the whole hood, front fenders lower rockers, cost me $1950
Will pay for itself in years to come.