Paint chips?

Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e 2023
Country flag
Chips galore on this car. I drove a Ford Fusion Hybrid 2012 and it has maybe two noticeable chips on the hood. This MME already has two and they are much larger. So sad to see it on a brand new car.

I do blame the rough conditions of our CA highways and the unforgivable speeds that Semi Trucks drive at here. Every time I see one of those on the road, I pass it no matter how fast I need to go. Its just simply not worth driving behind a vehicle with more tires than you have on your car.
Sponsored

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Anyone with a black mache have black vinyl installed instead of clear ppf? We have a lot of chips on the hood of the car and since it is a non metallic black, I feel like there should be something that matches. At this point, I feel like it might be a decent cover up vs just PPF over the current issues

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had PPF applied to grill area and front 1/3 of the hood/fenders. First road trip on highways, 700km, two chips near the headlights on areas not covered.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine was pre-owned, several chips on the hood. I had a Lincoln MKZ which had the same issue. It was so bad if someone sneezed within 5ft of the car it would chip. Only on my Fords, none of the others I have had had this problem.

Vicster

First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have paint chips all over - its not just CA, its in OR, too. The triple coat cost us extra and the chips look exactly others in this thread. I really think Ford needs to do something warranty wise - its too easy to blame it on rocks on the road. I've never had a car that chips like this.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
My driving in the first ten months of owning a space white Select has all been within about 20 miles of my house. I have a couple of small pits in the windshield and perhaps one or two noticeable chips on the 'grill' area at the front of the car. All the noticeable hits happened while behind a semi on the freeway.

I've been able to avoid new chips by strategically driving to stay away from the big trucks and using the access roads instead when practical.

I'm sure this would be a different story if I had to do a lot of freeway driving.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
My Dealer wants $46 CAD for DMG paint touch up pen.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
The "this car chips more than any other car I've owned" threads are on ever car forum. I've owned 30 cars of various brands like Ford, Chevy, VW, Toyota, bmw, Mercedes, Subaru, Nissan...and been on the forums. Everyone says the same thing. I find it's just the new car aspect where you weren't ever looking at your old car because it was one you'd quit paying attention to...but it is all the same.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
2+ years and I have sort of 1 paint chip. It’s really in the clear coat is all. I think it has an awful lot to do with the roads. All of ours are asphalt and no freeways. 🤷‍♂️

Vicster

First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The "this car chips more than any other car I've owned" threads are on ever car forum. I've owned 30 cars of various brands like Ford, Chevy, VW, Toyota, bmw, Mercedes, Subaru, Nissan...and been on the forums. Everyone says the same thing. I find it's just the new car aspect where you weren't ever looking at your old car because it was one you'd quit paying attention to...but it is all the same.
Honestly, didn't have that with my Nissan or Honda. Nothing like this.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Honestly, didn't have that with my Nissan or Honda. Nothing like this.
I guess I've owned 30 of the worst paint chipping cars in the world then. 🤷

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD Ice White
Country flag
They continue to accumulate on my car along now with two windshield chips. I drive the same route I drove in my previous vehicle and never had this issue. It could just be bad luck, or it could be related to car aerodynamics, or a variety of other potential factors. It’s hard to pinpoint what’s causing this but some issue in the quality of the paint and glass is unfortunately where my mind tends to drift.
Sponsored