Parking Lot Damage

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
My beautiful IBSM '22 GT (non-PE) was hit in a parking lot mishap today, much to my dismay. Build date 3/28/22, 2700 miles, flawless so far. I love that car! My wife parked in a distant empty row at Target and ran in for a quick errand. An out-of-town family parked their Acura right behind our Mustang and went to a nearby restaurant for lunch. Except for the wife, who decided to stay in the car and rest because she had a migraine. She then decided the husband, who had been driving, hadn't pulled in far enough. She moved to the driver's seat and tried to move the car a few feet forward, but it wouldn't move. She then realized the park brake was on, released it, and the car jumped forward and smashed into the back of our car, causing the damage shown in the attached photo. My wife came out just after the collision. To the lady's credit, she admitted fault and worked with my wife to file a claim with her insurance company right then.

Any thoughts on amount of damage this might be? Time to get parts?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Parking Lot Damage image
Potential long-term effects or hidden damage? Likelihood of a successful diminished value claim?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Looks pretty similar to an accident I had. I didn't have any damage to the lights, and it looks like we both didn't have any damage to the electronics. Mine was just shy of $7000 in damage and took about six weeks after I'd dropped off the car (when they already had the majority of the parts). This was during peak covid supply chain issues though, so you might move a little faster.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No one knows parts availability. That's probably $6 - $9,000 WAG.

OP
OP
MachE70

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
Thanks guys. That sounds about right. I just drove it and everything appears to still work, including the lights and sensors. I am a bit afraid to try opening the hatch in case I can't close it again. I plan to keep driving it until they have all the parts ready to go at the repair shop.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sorry to see this has happened to you. I originally thought that this was going to be like my parking lot "customization." The damage is a lot worse, but at least there was another party and they are working it out with insurance. Don't forget to file a diminished value claim as well. 🤔🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Wow, I'd be fuming mad. Why did he have to park there? Why did she have to pull a few feet forward?

At least you got their insurance info and they didn't drive off. That's the only good part of this.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Sorry you have to go through this. I had very similar damage though a bit further towards the corner and needed the sensor replaced as well. @RickMachE is right on par. I believe mine was about an $8000 repair. The rear hatch took 2 months or so to get. This was back in the fall.

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
sorry for the bad luck there and I must add I too park like 4 miles away in the furthest part of a lot the furthest away form anything and every flippin time i come out there is a ring of cars parked around mine. 30 40 or more spaces available and they always gotta park right up next to me. Ive never understood this. look at al the closer parking spaces look at all the open space . hey look one guy parked way out there lets go park next to him. and usually its some beat to hell car that obliviously will not care about hitting your car.
Sponsored