JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I've saved copies of all of the screens and legal texts that I agreed to during the order workflow. But I don't remember this part. Can you point us to it?

I also saved email communications between my dealer and me, indicating that I can buy the vehicle under the x-plan, which means the price is fixed by that plan.

Alternatively if I didn't use x-plan, I would have gotten written communication from them with some other agreement (e.g. $1,000 below MSRP or whatever).
I too have saved all emails from the dealer confirming no ADR and accepting X-Plan. I really believe, I and not the dealer, am in the "driver's seat". With so many EV coming to the market I would be shocked if any dealer would try ADM or fool around with your order. I would be even more shocked if any buyer would accept ADM or switching of her/his order.

Let's not forget the MME is not a Ferrari or a Lamborghini: it is still just a Ford with thousand of dealers soliciting your business.

But for me, this is all moot if there is no viable RCL!
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I would take over an earlier order for an Infinite Blue ER AWD FE or Premium in Maryland. Ordered in October and wouldn't mind getting it sooner. I remember reading a while back that you can't transfer so I don't assume it's an option, but I'm disturbed to hear that dealers plan on accepting and selling them well before mine gets built.
I'm sure there will be a lot of inventory at dealerships once all these cancelled orders are realized. Then, you may be able to walk in, get a car at MSRP...potentially even before your other Mach-E was set to arrive. Regardless, it's going to allow the chance for someone to pick up a Mach-E without having to wait a year, going through all the reservation and order drama.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Also....I've been checking regularly, and TODAY I'm finally able to view my "Window Sticker". Since this is a new update, I'm hoping that means production will really start tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 12.03.16.png

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Also....I've been checking regularly, and TODAY I'm finally able to view my "Window Sticker". Since this is a new update, I'm hoping that means production will really start tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E passing on my order Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 12.03.16
There won't be a lot of mache on the lots. they will be gone fast.
As for anyone of us. Whatever you buy in life, it is up to you as the consumer to work out the deal of what your buying before any money exchanges hands.
That is not on ford or the dealer. That is on you not knowing what is going on with your purchase.

A lot of fear-mongering about well ford will mark it up. Nope, too many dealers not doing that, and so many excepting the a-plan,x-plan.
And if you are a good person like most of us think we are when you look in a mirror. You would cancel your order before it's built. if you know you're not going to purchase the mache. You have fellow mache buyers here that maybe your hold up is delaying when they get the mache they ordered.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There won't be a lot of mache on the lots. they will be gone fast.
As for anyone of us. Whatever you buy in life, it is up to you as the consumer to work out the deal of what your buying before any money exchanges hands.
That is not on ford or the dealer. That is on you not knowing what is going on with your purchase.

A lot of fear-mongering about well ford will mark it up. Nope, too many dealers not doing that, and so many excepting the a-plan,x-plan.
And if you are a good person like most of us think we are when you look in a mirror. You would cancel your order before it's built. if you know you're not going to purchase the mache. You have fellow mache buyers here that maybe your hold up is delaying when they get the mache they ordered.
So, according to you, a “good person” would not hold up or delay when a fellow Mach-E buyer will get the Mach-E they ordered. Is that right? Does that mean that I should cancel my order even though I plan to buy a Mach-E and wait until inventory is widely available for myself so that I don’t hold up another buyer? If I am not willing to do that, would I no longer qualify as a “good person?” My point is that value judgements about what makes someone a “good person” are not universal and seldom discreet so we should be careful telling others what will or will not make them a “good person.” I believe that canceling an order I do not intend to complete might be considerate to other buyers with orders but not sure that determines good v. bad person.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, according to you, a “good person” would not hold up or delay when a fellow Mach-E buyer will get the Mach-E they ordered. Is that right? Does that mean that I should cancel my order even though I plan to buy a Mach-E and wait until inventory is widely available for myself so that I don’t hold up another buyer? If I am not willing to do that, would I no longer qualify as a “good person?” My point is that value judgements about what makes someone a “good person” are not universal and seldom discreet so we should be careful telling others what will or will not make them a “good person.” I believe that canceling an order I do not intend to complete might be considerate to other buyers with orders but not sure that determines good v. bad person.
there won't be inventory widely available for a long long long time. You can take it however you like. I stick by my comment.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
In the age of negative PR, it would be risky for dealerships, which rely on good faith most of the time due to competitive dealerships, to attempt something shady at time of delivery and back down on what was previously agreed upon. News outlets would love to run with a story to defend a consumer against a huge global corporation that is trying to pull a fast one for a couple thousand bucks.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
there won't be inventory widely available for a long long long time. You can take it however you like. I stick by my comment.
With the price points of the MME, 50% of sales are leases.

Without a viable RCL, there is a potential that up to 50% of orders will not be converted to sales. Keep in mind that this Board is populated by MME enthusiasts, yet many of us have said that without a viable RCL, we will not covert our orders to sales. I am one of them.

People placing orders today are getting delivery beginning of February. At least to me, that indicates that of the 20,000 units slated for the US, most have not been sold.

So I really do not see the demand that you do. By March I would expect to see inventory on the dealer lots, especially the Premium LR AWD.

Just my $.02

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the price points of the MME, 50% of sales are leases.

Without a viable RCL, there is a potential that up to 50% of orders will not be converted to sales. Keep in mind that this Board is populated by MME enthusiasts, yet many of us have said that without a viable RCL, we will not covert our orders to sales. I am one of them.

People placing orders today are getting delivery beginning of February. At least to me, that indicates that of the 20,000 units slated for the US, most have not been sold.

So I really do not see the demand that you do. By March I would expect to see inventory on the dealer lots, especially the Premium LR AWD.

Just my $.02
Nope sales will then switch to more European orders and the demand in the China market.
The mache is only an order place build. Dealer can not order inventory. IF the mache did not sell ford has the right to have the mache picked up and moved to a buyer.

This is not the same process as before. There are over 2,000 dealers also selling the mache. just 1 per dealer is 2,000, you won't be seeing the mache sitting on dealer lots.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope sales will then switch to more European orders and the demand in the China market.
The mache is only an order place build. Dealer can not order inventory. IF the mache did not sell ford has the right to have the mache picked up and moved to a buyer.
If the MME does not sell in America it will be a disaster for Ford. Once production is slated for the US, I cannot imagine it being diverted to either China or Europe.

I have seen on other threads that dealers have ordered the MME. You say they cannot.

Are the other posters wrong?

This is not the same process as before. There are over 2,000 dealers also selling the mache. just 1 per dealer is 2,000, you won't be seeing the mache sitting on dealer lots.
That is not correct.

Many dealers have opted out of the MME. Many dealers have more than one order. If you think about it, it would not make sense for a dealer to go through the time, effort and money involved, (parts and equipment) for only one (1) MME.

So contrary to what you posted, by mid 2021, I expect to see MME on dealer's lots.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the MME does not sell in America it will be a disaster for Ford. Once production is slated for the US, I cannot imagine it being diverted to either China or Europe.

I have seen on other threads that dealers have ordered the MME. You say they cannot.

That is not correct.

Many dealers have opted out of the MME. Many dealers have more than one order. If you think about it, it would not make sense for a dealer to go through the time, effort and money involved, (parts and equipment) for only one (1) MME.

So contrary to what you posted, by mid 2021, I expect to see MME on dealer's lots.
there are over 2,000 dealers getting the mache. I have seen where they are going and know which ones and the amount. They cannot order one for sale.
Can a person working at the dealer order one correct. Can the dealer owner order one? yes for himself. But the dealer at this time can not order a mache as Lot inventory. No, they can't Dealers can have as many orders as consumers put in.
But 50,000 for this year with European sales. The equipment is not just for the mache it is for all the Ev platforms for the future. And yes they had to agree to it to sell the mache and future EV to be determined.
Some might sell 100, or 1. Chance a dealer takes.

The mache will sale fine demand is very high. Not worried about the what ifs of that. And yes once production orders are meet the order market will expand. This I know also.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

That is not correct.

by Contrary there will be none unless it is a canceled order. The promise is to fill the Asian market once all North American orders and European orders are met. But those orders can keep coming in all the time and depending on demand will decide if another plant is needed to meet the goal or shift. The mache will not be on dealer lots by mid this year.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
by Contrary there will be none unless it is a canceled order. The promise is to fill the Asian market once all North American orders and European orders are met. But those orders can keep coming in all the time and depending on demand will decide if another plant is needed to meet the goal or shift. The mache will not be on dealer lots by mid this year.
I've been keeping in tight contact with my dealer just in case he has a cancelled order ahead of mine that lands on the lot prior to Jan 1. Feel like I have a good rapport with the general manager (apparently everything he knows about the MachE he learned from me which I of course learned from all you on this forum) so maybe lady luck will smile on me.
Sponsored