People with trailer hitches will like this.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is a show and tell post, with a suggestion and a question. The Mach-e with the trailer hitch but without the insert looks somewhat empty, but with the Mustang insert, it seems ready to go. This insert shows the SMU Mascot, Peruna, in all its Mustang glory!
My suggestion is that whenever one takes their Mach-e in for some work, they put it into Whisper, one pedal off drive. Otherwise, the mechanic may have trouble driving the car, particularly backward down off ramps!
My question is "Does having a trailer hitch allow the car to be towed from the rear?
Ford Mustang Mach-E People with trailer hitches will like this. Mach-E wo plug (3)
Ford Mustang Mach-E People with trailer hitches will like this. Back with hitch plug (2)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This is a show and tell post, with a suggestion and a question. The Mach-e with the trailer hitch but without the insert looks somewhat empty, but with the Mustang insert, it seems ready to go. This insert shows the SMU Mascot, Peruna, in all its Mustang glory!
My suggestion is that whenever one takes their Mach-e in for some work, they put it into Whisper, one pedal off drive. Otherwise, the mechanic may have trouble driving the car, particularly backward down off ramps!
My question is "Does having a trailer hitch allow the car to be towed from the rear?
Yes, you can pull the car using the hitch but I would not "tow" it. Pull it out of a ditch, or pull it out of the garage so it can be positioned for a flat bed tow truck, but not more than a few feet for sure.

I think Whisper 1PD is safer with the mechanic because the car slows when his foot comes off the go pedal.

I put a shell casing on my hitch receiver:

Ford Mustang Mach-E People with trailer hitches will like this. 51969162470_4af72fd8c0_o

OP
OP
Progress

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nice! What hitch do you have?
I got the EcoHitch by Torklift, without any electrical wire hookups because I am only going to use it for a bike rack. It was recommended by a few people on this forum.

OP
OP
Progress

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, you can pull the car using the hitch but I would not "tow" it. Pull it out of a ditch, or pull it out of the garage so it can be positioned for a flat bed tow truck, but not more than a few feet for sure.

I think Whisper 1PD is safer with the mechanic because the car slows when his foot comes off the go pedal.

I put a shell casing on my hitch receiver:

Ford Mustang Mach-E People with trailer hitches will like this. 51969162470_4af72fd8c0_o
That is a unique cover for your trailer hitch!
I suggested 1 Pedal off because most people expect a car to roll backwards or forwards when neither the accelerator or brake are pushed, so the Mach-e drives more like a regular ICE car that way.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
You never know who need help! The most important function of this forum is to help others, IMO..

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I like your hitch cover. Could you please give me a link for getting it? Thanks.

OP
OP
Progress

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired