Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT/PE,'22 MBS550'16,MBC350'12,MBCLS550,'12
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Want to trust this car but it is becoming impossible when this happens so often. Anyone have the same experience ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Power train Malfunction 3X in a month 1660523752912
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Have you taken it into a dealership for service? What year is your car? A friend with a Job 2 2021 GTPE had something similar and it needed a module or two updated. The dealership was able to resolve it quickly. Good luck.

OP
OP
RAP

RAP

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. First time dealership replaced the 12v battery. Second time codes
Indicated to replace DC to DC converter box. Dealership manager test drove. ford field engineers involved and in communication with Ford HQ. Established a case number. Tomorrow will be back at it again with the dealership and Ford HQ’s representative. Am beyond disappointed.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
My GT does this exact thing every time that I use the remote start feature ever since my HVBJB and BECM was replaced earlier this year. It clears itself after one or two restarts. I've stopped using remote start. I've been pertinently waiting for my car to receive updates. I'll take it to the dealership before the fall if updates don't happen because I want a fully functioning remote start before winter

[rant]I've been reluctant to take it to the dealer because every single one just seems to park the car and give me a loaner before someone eventually gets around to even looking at it. Ford dealers around here really suck. [/rant]

OP
OP
RAP

RAP

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
thanks. It did clear but don’t trust the car to go further than 5 miles from my house. Was planning to go on a road trip and wonder if it will be worth it to break down a third time and be towed. Just getting the right tow truck takes hours. First 500 miles was pure joy. Last 300 has been torture.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
thanks. It did clear but don’t trust the car to go further than 5 miles from my house. Was planning to go on a road trip and wonder if it will be worth it to break down a third time and be towed. Just getting the right tow truck takes hours. First 500 miles was pure joy. Last 300 has been torture.
Smart move if you're still on your original HVBJB. I would be doing the exact same thing if I were you unless the recall update was received and installed into your car because, at least, you'll get a better heads up if your car is about leave you stranded.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My GT does this exact thing every time that I use the remote start feature ever since my HVBJB and BECM was replaced earlier this year. It clears itself after one or two restarts. I've stopped using remote start. I've been pertinently waiting for my car to receive updates. I'll take it to the dealership before the fall if updates don't happen because I want a fully functioning remote start before winter

[rant]I've been reluctant to take it to the dealer because every single one just seems to park the car and give me a loaner before someone eventually gets around to even looking at it. Ford dealers around here really suck. [/rant]
My car had random faults (cameras then suspension) when I remote started it.

Took it in to the dealer, they updated like 12 modules and it seems fine since.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
My car had random faults (cameras then suspension) when I remote started it.

Took it in to the dealer, they updated like 12 modules and it seems fine since.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try my luck with a different dealer. 🤞
Sponsored