Pre-Negotiating An Upcoming 22-23 Conversion Order

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
It's been a nightmare experience dealing with Ford and my dealership.

When I made my order with the dealership the sales rep assured me that my car would be price protected "if" it wasn't delivered in 2022. I made it a point to ask about the incentives and interest rate. The manager told me that interest rate and incentives would be price protected as well.

I am picking up my car next week. Do you think it's a good idea to pre-negotiate the details over email before coming into the dealership? If so, who do I contact for the interest rate?

I'm reading stories of dealerships changing the terms last minute. This is causing me to be really anxious.
Sponsored

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
What is there to negotiate? You should be fully aware what your price should be by now. Just go in knowing the facts and settle it then

OP
OP
ragequit310

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
What is there to negotiate? You should be fully aware what your price should be by now. Just go in knowing the facts and settle it then
I don't know what the APR is. I was explicitly told that it would be locked in on the date I ordered it (April 8, 2022). Do I get the 2k Ford Options incentive?

Does anyone know what the APR was for Ford Options was on April 8, 2022 for the premium? Was it 2.49?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know what the APR is. I was explicitly told that it would be locked in on the date I ordered it (April 8, 2022). Do I get the 2k Ford Options incentive?

Does anyone know what the APR was for Ford Options was on April 8, 2022 for the premium? Was it 2.49?
Converts don’t get the ‘22 rate. Figure out when you were converted it’s either going to be 4.49 or 4.9. 2k options is zip code dependent so search that up too

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This is how it works: The 2022 order is dead, and so are the prices and rates from it. Your new protection date is the date the 2023 order was placed (probably early Sept). You can only get the APR rate from then, not further back (because the 2022 order is dead). The private offer mostly covers the price and rate increases from your 2022 order getting cancelled and converted to a 2023. They cannot give you a 2022 rate on a 2023 since the rates are model-year specific.

There shouldn't really be anything to negotiate. The price you pay should be the MSRP minus the private offer (-$3000 for a Select) unless there is a markup involved. You may get another rebate if you go with Ford Options for financing.

So makes sense? It gets treated like you walked in and ordered a 2023 in September, the only difference is you also get the private offer discount.

OP
OP
ragequit310

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
This is how it works: The 2022 order is dead, and so are the prices and rates from it. Your new protection date is the date the 2023 order was placed (probably early Sept). You can only get the APR rate from then, not further back (because the 2022 order is dead). The private offer mostly covers the price and rate increases from your 2022 order getting cancelled and converted to a 2023. They cannot give you a 2022 rate on a 2023 since the rates are model-year specific.

There shouldn't really be anything to negotiate. The price you pay should be the MSRP minus the private offer (-$3000 for a Select) unless there is a markup involved. You may get another rebate if you go with Ford Options for financing.

So makes sense? It gets treated like you walked in and ordered a 2023 in September, the only difference is you also get the private offer discount.
Forgive me - when/where was this communicated to me? I'm really tired of Ford's incompetence.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag

This is what I expected as I understood from the F150 Lightning forum where folks have been pushed into a '23 from their '22 orders similar to the MME conversion. Those LIghtning buyers are seeing the same rates (date of '23 order) - not the '22 order date.

The bad part of getting a Lightning using Options has been awful - no incentives, high APR.

I was originally going to go with Options on my Lightning, but no incentives materialized so I just financed with my CU.

It would be nice to know what the MME Options rate will be for a Sept order since the only known variable is my Premium has a $6000 PCO.

Any working Options calculator ?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The main reason to go with Options with no incentive provided is if one can't afford the payments of a loan. Of course you could argue that if one can't afford the payments of a 6 or 7 year loan (which is what Options is after they refinance the lump sum). Of course if you need a 6 or 7 year loan to afford the vehicle, then experts say you shouldn't buy it. Anything over 60 months falls into that category.

When we bought our Mach-E, incentive was $1,000, and rate was either 2.25% or 2.49%. Loan rate was 0% for 3 years or 0.9% for 4 years. We took 4 years.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I would suggest checking what the rate available to you for financing at your bank or credit union. Then compare that to what is available from Ford Credit or other option from financing at the dealer. Understand up front that the dealer can add to whatever interest rate they can get and pass that on to you. So your choices will be whatever Ford Credit rates and incentives were available at your conversion date, those available at purchase date, and those you can get from your local institution.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
The private offer mostly covers the price and rate increases from your 2022 order getting cancelled and converted to a 2023.
The private offer doesn't cover anything regarding rates, it is solely about the price increase from '22 to '23

Huge discount if the trim you had ordered increased significantly (CA Rt1 or Premium ER), or minimal discount if the price had a smaller change (Select).
Sponsored