Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Not gonna lie, if you get this done and completed before Ford repairs the damage they did to mine, I’m going to be royally pissed. Good luck on this project, can’t wait to see progress pics
Sponsored

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Not gonna lie, if you get this done and completed before Ford repairs the damage they did to mine, I’m going to be royally pissed. Good luck on this project, can’t wait to see progress pics
You'll definitely be done well ahead before I even enter a body shop. I won't be doing anything until after winter. Even with our MY21 showing up this week, I may wait to do this project on the MY22 we've ordered whenever that shows up (if we decide to take it).

On an unrelated topic, about how long did your MME sit in Delaware before getting picked up by a truck? I remember you saying it was dwelling for a while.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I've spoke with 2 in my area that aren't the dealership parts departments I've previously asked. They're also useless. My preferred bodyshop has proven to be more help thus far.

It's not. I already have an estimate from my body shop on the labor and materials. I'll already be getting the fender flares color matched, so the expense of loading up sprayers for painting will be absorbed into the total cost. It'll be the extra labor and materials, which doesn't deter me.
Having a buddy helps depress costs. More than a few here will read this and think they can get that deal too. My comment wasn't only for your eyes. Getting paint matched and sprayed can be very costly and can be overlooked until after expensive parts are on-hand.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
You'll definitely be done well ahead before I even enter a body shop. I won't be doing anything until after winter. Even with our MY21 showing up this week, I may wait to do this project on the MY22 we've ordered whenever that shows up (if we decide to take it).

On an unrelated topic, about how long did your MME sit in Delaware before getting picked up by a truck? I remember you saying it was dwelling for a while.
It sat there for about two weeks but keep in mind, the delivery was wrong so it was waiting for a truck to haul it to podunk Maryland instead of to me in VA

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
It sat there for about two weeks but keep in mind, the delivery was wrong so it was waiting for a truck to haul it to podunk Maryland instead of to me in VA
Understood and I know you were a bit of an exception but weren't the only one waiting over a week for delivery. I'd like to know how backed up deliveries are from the holidays... I did see United Road Petersburg, VA made deliveries 11/24 and 11/26. Seemed they weren't on the road TG day.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Are you worried about any sensors up there? It’s not like old cars where you can take body panels off all Willy Nilly.

I count 6 sensors plus a camera on the front of my GTPE. Then there’s the light up pony to consider.

Might be easier to buy a GT.
You also should check to see if the sensors are all the same. I could see the software pulling a Charlie Sheen "winning" with these changes.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
You also should check to see if the sensors are all the same. I could see the software pulling a Charlie Sheen "winning" with these changes.
I am willing to bet the sensors are exactly the same, except for if you have blue cruise or not. There might be different bumpers for those without blue cruise. Probably not, but it should be checked out to be sure.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I am willing to bet the sensors are exactly the same, except for if you have blue cruise or not. There might be different bumpers for those without blue cruise. Probably not, but it should be checked out to be sure.
Both are great points to pay attention to. I’ve added to my list of considerations.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
My original quote was for fender flares only. $600 and some change. When adding the bumper job, $1200 total; inclusive of all removal, prep & paint, and installation.
That seems more than reasonable.Especially considering the fender flares were $600 alone.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
That seems more than reasonable.Especially considering the fender flares were $600 alone.
Couldn’t agree more.

2 months ago, when I was impatiently waiting for a Mach-E (a little less than I am today), I contacted the body shop about the front bumper and fender flare job, however the front bumper job included repairing holes drilled from a license plate bracket. That job was $300 more ($1500; including flares).
Sponsored