Pretty Bad Crackling Noise

Spacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I’ve found a dealer who actually would accept an email from me before *requiring the car because we can’t diagnose over email*

The email consisted of a video of the noise, with the addition of the part schematic…..

I emailed it to a reception lady (after calling ) and she had her EV tech take a look.

The EV tech agreed with me that it’s likely the speaker, they’ve ordered the part, and I’m in next Thursday to get it replaced. They were quite honest about not being sure whether the bumper (fender) needs to come off to replace the speaker, but so far….Im actually Impressed.
Is it possible I’ve actually found a competent dealer?

I do have to drive…quite a few miles….but I’m hoping it’s worth it.
Sounds like (no pun intended) that you've found a dealer who's worth their weight in gold. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Well, I'm very sad.

Been to the dealers today who replaced the front pedestrian alert speaker, and whilst returning the car to me....no noise....so I think brilliant.

Drove home, parked up...................crackle...crackle.....crackle.....

What on earth could this be?!

I'm going to get another video of it as soon as I catch it again.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I like a good puzzle. After googling a bit, you may want to check your 12v battery levels. It would suck if you parked your car and the battery was dead as a result of this behavior.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like a good puzzle. After googling a bit, you may want to check your 12v battery levels. It would suck if you parked your car and the battery was dead as a result of this behavior.
12V LVB fully topped out. Charged on multiple occasions......

Keep em coming :)

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a theory, but need someone like @Mach-Lee to give opinion.

In this picture, there is a unit with part 19H405B. Looking this up it seems to be the rear view camera module.

I have a permant DTC on my VIN for the rear camera, of which the dealer has ordered a replacement camera which will be fitted in two weeks.

My question, again in the picture, the pedestrian sounders are listed beside this camera module.

Is it possible that the Pedestrian Warnings speakers are hooked into the rear view camera module, and that in fact it's not my rear view camera that's faulty (as it does work when in Reverse), but possibly a faulty Rear View Camera module.

I'm clutching at straws here, but given they have replaced the front speaker, and the crackles still come from it, it doesnt leave much else to be wrong.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pretty Bad Crackling Noise theory

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So another update on this......

Back to the dealers today, and they now think it could be the "Pedestrian Warning Module" itself, so they have ordered in the part.

I'm guessing that it's this part:
LJ8T-14G113-BB

It's coming in from Germany, so have to wait until it's arrival, and then another trip in.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So this shall be my final post on this thread, as I seem to be the only person in the world with this issue....but it's good news...

Just got back from the dealer who did indeed replace the module above....also known as PACM or AVAS module. (Pedestrian Alert Control Module)

NO MORE CRACKLING!!!!!

He said he has never ever replaced this module before, and I'm the first :)
Sponsored