Production Schedule for my GTPE!!

Rick130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
So what? Nothing is going to change for the 2022. I really don't understand why people are talking about it. If you want a 2022 and want to wait until probably Q2 of 2022 to finally get your car then by all means go for it. It'll be the same thing we've ordered.
Resale value/depreciation.. If you're planning on keeping the car for a long period of time then it doesn't matter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Why some of you think reserving, and not ordering when it opened would keep your place in line, blows my mind.
Maybe because that is exactly what Ford was saying the reservation would do the entire time?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Schedule for my GTPE!! 1627047088856

Reservation holders didn't get early access to place their orders before it opened up to new people, so what was the point then?

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Maybe because that is exactly what Ford was saying the reservation would do the entire time?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Schedule for my GTPE!! 1627047088856

Reservation holders didn't get early access to place their orders before it opened up to new people, so what was the point then?
I think the problem is that you didn't have access to order early.

It would honestly be some serious bullshit if you ordered two, three, four, etc weeks after everyone else and got special privileges. Reservations should only be there to allow for early access to orders and nothing else. Either way ford dropped the ball it sounds like.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Huh. I am not happy with them if they did.
No other conclusion. A number of posts here are for later reservations or no reservation with significantly (as in weeks) earlier production dates. I got a later production date than an order after mine with no reservation. Really pissed. Had not counted on an early delivery since I cancelled my 2019 reservation and made a new reservation in October but this is not just not right. :(

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I think the problem is that you didn't have access to order early.

It would honestly be some serious bullshit if you ordered two, three, four, etc weeks after everyone else and got special privileges. Reservations should only be there to allow for early access to orders and nothing else. Either way ford dropped the ball it sounds like.
This would have made more sense. if you reserved you get these 2 days to order and nobody else did. Reserving a spot in line in there sense was we "guarantee" you can order. However users choosing to order way later after orders opened up shouldn't have expected their spot to be saved. There is no guarantee anyone with a reservation even orders, so why would they leave a blank spot with no car all the way up to production time.

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
No other conclusion. A number of posts here are for later reservations or no reservation with significantly (as in weeks) earlier production dates. I got a later production date than an order after mine with no reservation. Really pissed. Had not counted on an early delivery since I cancelled my 2019 reservation and made a new reservation in October but this is not just not right. :(
What was your order date, and what was the order date of the one after yours? Are you sure your dealer didnt take their sweet time to approve your order?

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Resale value/depreciation.. If you're planning on keeping the car for a long period of time then it doesn't matter.
I guess to me that's like saying don't go buy the really good deal on the last 2021 cars in December because you'll be buying a 2021 at the end of the year.

I don't think it matters that much when the price is really based on model, features, etc.

Now if you bought a 2021 at the end of the year and the 2022 was a new reworked model with new features, etc., The yes you're shooting yourself in the foot.

That's kind of where I am with my runner up Volvo choice because in 2022 they start the android OS infotainment systems. Which actually is kind of convenient because that means I can see the mach e first regardless of which car I'd buy.

That being said there's only like a 1% chance I wouldn't take my MME GT when it gets here anyway.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why some of you think reserving, and not ordering when it opened would keep your place in line, blows my mind.
Maybe because I put an order in the day it opened, but my dealer took two days to confirm. ANdI'd expect not to be pushed back in line because of that. Maybe because there needs to be a reasonable window to place an order once they opened up and not 60 seconds (we are not buying concert tickets) and the implication to a reservation is that its reserved (subject to a reasonable purchase time frame that Ford did not specify).

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Maybe because I put an order in the day it opened, but my dealer took two days to confirm. ANdI'd expect not to be pushed back in line because of that. Maybe because there needs to be a reasonable window to place an order once they opened up and not 60 seconds (we are not buying concert tickets) and the implication to a reservation is that its reserved (subject to a reasonable purchase time frame that Ford did not specify).
You reserved an option to place an order. You were able to full stop. Thats on your dealer for not confirming the order. My dealer did the same to the point i had to call them the next day and ask them wtf. Probably cost me getting my GT in August vs now getting it Sept

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I've never seen an implication that a reservation to anything means you get privilege over others once it's opened to the public. Again ford dropped the ball because the reservation should have given you early access before the public can order and they didn't.

Also this is a symptom of dealership purchasing and why it needs to go away. You did your part the way you should have and the dealer dropped the ball.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This would have made more sense. if you reserved you get these 2 days to order and nobody else did. Reserving a spot in line in there sense was we "guarantee" you can order. However users choosing to order way later after orders opened up shouldn't have expected their spot to be saved. There is no guarantee anyone with a reservation even orders, so why would they leave a blank spot with no car all the way up to production time.
Anyone who didn't convert their GT reservation to an order by June 30th had it canceled. I saw someone else post the reminder email and it even said something like 'Don't lose your spot in line!' Every piece of communication Ford put out implied that reserving was essentially ordering early, minus locking in the final details. They even use the same reservation number as your order number, which also implies that is your spot in line.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Anyone who didn't convert their GT reservation to an order by June 30th had it canceled. I saw someone else post the reminder email and it even said something like 'Don't lose your spot in line!' Every piece of communication Ford put out implied that reserving was essentially ordering early, minus locking in the final details. They even use the same reservation number as your order number, which also implies that is your spot in line.
That whole system seems flawed from the start. So what they're saying is they're just going to build every car that was reserved and hope someone buys it?

I'm not saying the consumers here did anything wrong, but I totally think Ford f'd up the whole reservation process and the whole idea behind what it should've been which is early order access. It's like they've never seen a reservation system before for purchasing products.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was your order date, and what was the order date of the one after yours? Are you sure your dealer didnt take their sweet time to approve your order?
Yep the dealer took his sweet time. 2 whole days. I ordered 4/27 dealer confirmed (date in the system for accepted) of 4/29. Pissed at them two since I actually went to the dealer the next day to figure out why this was not a push of a button when they got it. They blamed Ford. If Ford did not plan on dealer lag they were idiots. But again what was the point of reserving since I did not get to order early and it seemingly did not save the place in line. Look at the postings ordered 5/18 production date 9/5. Reserve date 4/7/21 order 4/27/21 production date 9/12. Can't remember the no reservation at all date but production date earlier. Long list of variations in dates all with the same conclusion.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Or to add to that. Maybe they went ahead and built every reservation and on June 30th we're going to see a massive shipment of cars being sent to people with new orders.

Any chance someone reserved a space white gt with pano and the tech package that they aren't taking? ?

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That whole system seems flawed from the start. So what they're saying is they're just going to build every car that was reserved and hope someone buys it?

I'm not saying the consumers here did anything wrong, but I totally think Ford f'd up the whole reservation process and the whole idea behind what it should've been which is early order access. It's like they've never seen a reservation system before for purchasing products.
The reason behind canceling un-converted reservations at the end of June was probably because GT production started the first week of July. So they wouldn't be building cars for anyone who reserved and didn't order.
Sponsored