Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Guys, I started this thread with my concerns. I am even more concerned now, not only for the production of the Mach E, but for our country in general. People just do not get it. Just saw where they had a huge Latino Music festival in Mexico city where over 105 thousand people attended. Really....with the threat of this virus and that many people are getting out and partying together. That is worse than the stupid college students on the beaches of Florida. In the next two weeks we are probably going to be in a national knockdown. The economy is going to tank world wide and we are going to see a depression worse than the one in the early 1900's. Call me an alarmist, pessimist, or whatever, but it is coming. The writing is on the wall if you look at the new case loads being released by the CDC. I made one last grocery run today (wearing mask and gloves). We have enough food for about three months now but I fear that will not be enough by the time this is over. I guess I can just look at the pictures of the Mach E and dream about what might have been......
Sponsored

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Guys, I started this thread with my concerns. I am even more concerned now, not only for the production of the Mach E, but for our country in general. People just do not get it. Just saw where they had a huge Latino Music festival in Mexico city where over 105 thousand people attended. Really....with the threat of this virus and that many people are getting out and partying together. That is worse than the stupid college students on the beaches of Florida. In the next two weeks we are probably going to be in a national knockdown. The economy is going to tank world wide and we are going to see a depression worse than the one in the early 1900's. Call me an alarmist, pessimist, or whatever, but it is coming. The writing is on the wall if you look at the new case loads being released by the CDC. I made one last grocery run today (wearing mask and gloves). We have enough food for about three months now but I fear that will not be enough by the time this is over. I guess I can just look at the pictures of the Mach E and dream about what might have been......
You may be correct, but I think the whole problem is the media/social media driven overreaction. Instead of doing the normal things for keeping yourself free from viruses, including some social distancing, protecting the most vulnerable, and testing, testing, testing, we are locking people down that have very little risk of spreading the disease and shutting down the economy. We need to quickly move to more of a South Korea model . They did not shutdown their economy and seem to have turned a corner. Hopefully we will be moving in that direction very quickly. If not, the crashing economy may be worse than this virus could ever be.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hate what this (more specifically, many state orders to close everything) is doing to the economy. More than a few weeks of this gonna do serious damage. But I do have hope that it'll mostly run it's course over the next month. Looks like China, S Korea, and Japan are already coming out the other side of the curve now. Just hoping our curve peaks closer to 2 weeks rather than 2 months from now. Big difference in the amount of economic damage that will have happened.

Having said that, I don't want to see another thread turn into a contentious virus response debate like 2 others have already. So I'll leave my comments there.

Fingers crossed this peaks soon and starts to fade. Time will tell.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
The only way we'll actually run out of food is if the food producers shut down. I don't see that happening. I agree with Peter that at least part of this is due to the never-ending drum beat of the media. It sells papers and it brings in viewers. The greater social good is cast aside.

I also agree with dbsb, I'm optimistic we'll get through this quicker than some think. If we don't we'll be in some deep doo doo...deeper than we already are.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I hate what this (more specifically, many state orders to close everything) is doing to the economy. More than a few weeks of this gonna do serious damage. But I do have hope that it'll mostly run it's course over the next month. Looks like China, S Korea, and Japan are already coming out the other side of the curve now. Just hoping our curve peaks closer to 2 weeks rather than 2 months from now. Big difference in the amount of economic damage that will have happened.

Having said that, I don't want to see another thread turn into a contentious virus response debate like 2 others have already. So I'll leave my comments there.

From your lips to God's ears.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

Does every post have to corrupted into a virus thread? Personally it is here and we all are dealing with it. I come into this forum to learn something new about the Mach E. Honestly sometimes reality can be way to real. Some distraction would be nice. If I want to hear the horrors of the virus I can turn on the news or read about just about anywhere. It would be nice if it were not here. Thank you.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Does every post have to corrupted into a virus thread? Personally it is here and we all are dealing with it. I come into this forum to learn something new about the Mach E. Honestly sometimes reality can be way to real. Some distraction would be nice. If I want to hear the horrors of the virus I can turn on the news or read about just about anywhere. It would be nice if it were not here. Thank you.
While I understand your desire and it is mine as well, these are huge issues and are the main reason "Production will probably be delayed".

I agree we need to keep the ridiculous partisan bullcrap and finger pointing out of this and all threads. Too many important subjects to ponder. Honest and constructive dialog will help all.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
. You do know there are other Threads
when you log in ? You can also start a new Thread " MACH 3 New News" that will give
all of us info we are missing. Let people voice there opinion at this difficult time we
are facing. This is helping some cope with the troubles they may have. And keep the
beach goers in your state locked down. God forbid Calif. is going to get hit hard.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I understand your desire and it is mine as well, these are huge issues and are the main reason "Production will probably be delayed".

I agree we need to keep the ridiculous partisan bullcrap and finger pointing out of this and all threads. Too many important subjects to ponder. Honest and constructive dialog will help all.
Thank you. I had to leave the forum for a few days because things got out of hand. Maybe by ignoring a couple of members and threads that specifically reference coronavirus I can get by.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you are under the age of 60, it's pretty much impossible for you to die from COVID-19 virus.
that statistic was not helpful to the teenagers who have now died in the US. That number will climb just as rapidly as cases over the coming weeks and months as the "impossible to die" frolick on the beaches and in the clubs and then bring it home to those more at risk. The overall case increase is still vertical throughout the world, with a top seen in only 2 countries out of 150. Not a great statistic there... Less than 2% of the countries have managed to slow the rate of infection...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you are under the age of 60, it's pretty much impossible for you to die from COVID-19 virus.
Now that we've lost many Americans under the age of 60 to Covid-19, and global statistics are showing about a 2% chance of a Covid-19 case being fatal if you're under 60, let's stop propagating this untruth, shall we?

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Now that we've lost many Americans under the age of 60 to Covid-19, and global statistics are showing about a 2% chance of a Covid-19 case being fatal if you're under 60, let's stop propagating this untruth, shall we?
That success rate is only true as long as the medical community can respond. If there is no care available the mortality rate might be something like Italy, which is something like 10% overall.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I don't think that data is accurate. I don't think even the experts can say for sure what the rate of death is yet since they really don't know how many are getting sick. I think it would be best to minimize arguing too many facts about this disease and try to focus on how to protect yourself and get this economy moving again. Just my two cents. (You get what you pay for. ;) )

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Instead of doing the normal things for keeping yourself free from viruses, including some social distancing, protecting the most vulnerable, and testing, testing, testing, we are locking people down that have very little risk of spreading the disease and shutting down the economy. We need to quickly move to more of a South Korea model . They did not shutdown their economy and seem to have turned a corner.
You are absolutely right. This is what we should have done. The models to watch are really Singapore, Iceland, and South Korea.

Because Singapore acted fast, used rapid and aggressive testing, contact tracing, and quarantine they have kept their case rate down without closing schools or shutting down businesses (while the article says bars were not shut down that has now changed with non-work/school gatherings over 10 people banned). The South Korea story is similar. Singapore is so far ahead of the curve that they just sent 40,000 test kits to the Philippines. Sorry, it's too late for us to institute the Singapore model across the US. That requires early action for prevention. We screwed that pooch weeks ago. Lack of US Federal actions eliminated the ability to use prevention and containment. Now all we have to use nationally is the last step, mitigation. If we lock down interstate transportation, we could institute the Singapore model in low population, low incident parts of the US but we lack the numbers of trained medical personnel to do that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...coronavirus-quarantine-measures/#3d1530481921
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200324131843.htm
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30162-6/fulltext
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30190-0/fulltext
Sponsored