Profile Settings Not Being Retained

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Probably not the most elegant title, but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue I am having.

When I get back into the car after it has been parked for at least a couple minutes and start it up, all of the settings in the car for my profile seem to reset. I have discovered that when I go into the profiles and switch to my partner’s profile, then back to my own, all of my settings are back and the car seat, mirrors, sound, etc. all adjust. This happens with both my PaaK and fob. I am wondering if there there is something I’m doing wrong or setup improperly so it’s not remembering my settings.

Also, less of an issue but more of an annoyance, the memory for my radio stations seems to randomly set different stations over previously saved stations. I have been the only one driving so I know no one is changing it. The car REALLY seems to want me to listen to Laugh USA though it’s not that funny...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I'm not having ALL settings being forgotten...my seat memory and 1 pedal preferences seem to be sticking just fine every time...but yes my SiriusXM presets get messed up every time which is driving me NUTS, and LaughUSA is also one it keeps giving me too!! Also, it keeps forgetting the audio equalizer settings which is also very annoying....they keep defaulting back to 0 for Treble, Mid, and Bass, which doesn't sound nearly as good and I can tell. I have to keep going back into the audio tone settings every time I drive.
Be sure to go into the settings on the screen and submit feedback. There's an option for radio presets not sticking. I'm not sure if Ford counts more than one of the same submission from the same car, but I submit that one every day ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope your partner is not a lot shorter than you. ;)

Try mapping another door button? Take the fob and/or the phone out of the profile and try?

Is your charging schedule working or does that also reset? This is the first vehicle that I need to care about how it just sits still. 12V and resets. Drives great.

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not having ALL settings being forgotten...my seat memory and 1 pedal preferences seem to be sticking just fine every time...but yes my SiriusXM presets get messed up every time which is driving me NUTS, and LaughUSA is also one it keeps giving me too!! Also, it keeps forgetting the audio equalizer settings which is also very annoying....they keep defaulting back to 0 for Treble, Mid, and Bass, which doesn't sound nearly as good and I can tell. I have to keep going back into the audio tone settings every time I drive.
Be sure to go into the settings on the screen and submit feedback. There's an option for radio presets not sticking. I'm not sure if Ford counts more than one of the same submission from the same car, but I submit that one every day ?
I have been submitting feedback every day as well. I’m sure they are getting annoyed with me by now. I am having the same sound issues but they go back to what I set them at when I switch profiles and switch back. The screwed up presets remain though.

What is it about Laugh USA?
(I realized when I typed this it is both an annoyance and ironically a great start to a standup routine.)

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope your partner is not a lot shorter than you. ;)

Try mapping another door button? Take the fob and/or the phone out of the profile and try?

Is your charging schedule working or does that also reset? This is the first vehicle that I need to care about how it just sits still. 12V and resets. Drives great.
He is a bit shorter so it gets a little uncomfortable for a second. Thanks for the suggestions.

Funny you mention the charging schedule. That is acting weird too. The clock I can see on the car is correct, but weirdly some internal clock is way off and it’s messing with the charging schedule. The clearest example I have to show what I’m talking about is this message I got yesterday afternoon that shows the car seems to think it’s 11AM EST when in reality it was 4PM PST when the alarm was accidentally triggered. The message shows the time when it was received and a timestamp for when the alarm went off. I checked the clock settings and they look right to me. Very confused about this one.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Profile Settings Not Being Retained 4FCED391-2A17-4AFF-A7FF-94CEA6FC9180

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
I have found that when I get in the car, the seat position does not automatically set and I have to push the memory button. Also, the tone for audio keeps going back to default.

We are on the bleeding edge here so there will be bugs, and there will be more. Looking forward to OTA's and see what gets fixed. I read some owners were invited to get early OTA's so it would be great if they could post feedback in the forums.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
I got 2 phones/MyKeys to work ok remembering settings; didn't do anything special so I probably got lucky. I can't get profile pictures to upload for either of them though. Reinstalling the app, deleting profiles in the car and setting up again - nothing fixed it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I read some owners were invited to get early OTA's so it would be great if they could post feedback in the forums.
They also had to sign an NDA, so I wouldn't count on posts with any details.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I submit that one every day ?
May I ask how you’re submitting feedback? I would like to give Ford some notes as well.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Probably not the most elegant title, but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue I am having.

When I get back into the car after it has been parked for at least a couple minutes and start it up, all of the settings in the car for my profile seem to reset. I have discovered that when I go into the profiles and switch to my partner’s profile, then back to my own, all of my settings are back and the car seat, mirrors, sound, etc. all adjust. This happens with both my PaaK and fob. I am wondering if there there is something I’m doing wrong or setup improperly so it’s not remembering my settings.

Also, less of an issue but more of an annoyance, the memory for my radio stations seems to randomly set different stations over previously saved stations. I have been the only one driving so I know no one is changing it. The car REALLY seems to want me to listen to Laugh USA though it’s not that funny...
Not sure where to post this, I remember lots of posts about losing radio presets. Mine was fine since Feb. 20, but yesterday I got in the car, it was like someone had overwritten most of my presets. Some of the FM radio stations were still there, but in different places.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Not sure where to post this, I remember lots of posts about losing radio presets. Mine was fine since Feb. 20, but yesterday I got in the car, it was like someone had overwritten most of my presets. Some of the FM radio stations were still there, but in different places.
Yup, happening to many of us. Be sure to submit feedback through the Infotainment system in the general settings

AdamGilles12

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mach E Premium All-Wheel Drive
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Country flag
This happens to me almost on a daily basis. I only really notice it because the illumination color changes to blue then I look at the presets and notice some of those are changed. While I'm driving a hit profile two on the door and then immediately hit one and it seems to go back to normal. It's very weird

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I grew tired of the seat selection cha cha. I turned off profiles and it is much less annoying.
Woulda thought these would’ve been the easy things to fix

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This happens to me almost on a daily basis. I only really notice it because the illumination color changes to blue then I look at the presets and notice some of those are changed. While I'm driving a hit profile two on the door and then immediately hit one and it seems to go back to normal. It's very weird
This is exactly what happens to me too, but it is not on a daily basis... Maybe every 2nd or 3rd day...
Sponsored