Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
My guest profile has the lane keeping system turned on, and it works just fine. I then created a new profile for me, with the exact same settings as far as I can tell, and the lane keeping system is not working. No graphic on the instrument panel, no vibrating wheel when I drift over the line. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is different between these two profiles. I went through each setting and compared between the two profiles and they look to be identical. I have SYNC 4.1.3. Has anyone seen a similar situation or have any advice? Is there some setting that I'm missing?

Confused in NY,
Bill
Sponsored

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
My guest profile has the lane keeping system turned on, and it works just fine. I then created a new profile for me, with the exact same settings as far as I can tell, and the lane keeping system is not working. No graphic on the instrument panel, no vibrating wheel when I drift over the line. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is different between these two profiles. I went through each setting and compared between the two profiles and they look to be identical. I have SYNC 4.1.3. Has anyone seen a similar situation or have any advice? Is there some setting that I'm missing?

Confused in NY,
Bill
Have you turned it on via the steering wheel button?

OP
OP

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
Have you turned it on via the steering wheel button?
I never thought to check that. I made my new profile by saving the guest profile under a different name - I never thought that would turn off the steering wheel button. I will check first thing tomorrow. Thanks!

Cheers,
Bill

OP
OP

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I just went out and checked. Sure enough you were right. This tells me that when I created the new profile, either I hit that button somehow without realizing it, or the software defaulted back to the button being off. It must be the former, as the latter sounds pretty dumb. Actually, the former sounds pretty dumb, too. But I'm old...

Cheers,
Bill
Sponsored