[Project Finished Update] Speakers/DSPs/AMPs for '23 Mach-E with B&O

kchillin23

First Name
K.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
It should be another day or so for the project to be completed. I am having it professionally done as I have neither the tools nor the skill. Here are a few pics of the driver door.
image.png
image.png
Did the installers have to cut out the inside of the stock speaker grill? On the inside view of the door panel/speaker grill for all doors in the Mach E , there’s a circular plastic piece where the stock speaker slides into. Crutchfield says you have to cut that part - curious if your installers asked you about it because when you see it, it’s all one mold/plastic piece.

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I am note sure if this was your question, but the car is stock, with grill and grill material intact.

kchillin23

First Name
K.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
I am note sure if this was your question, but the car is stock, with grill and grill material intact.
Not exactly but I managed. I bought two pairs of replacement speakers for all the door panel speakers. I have B&O audio in GT. Anyways, there’s a hole for the speaker to sit in to direct audio into the cabin. This plastic cone is on the inside of the door panel and could get in the way (see attached image).
IMG_8180.jpeg
However, I left it as is and was able to install all speakers no sweat.

For those curious, the factory B&O speakers impedance is 4 ohms and 25w. I’ve seen it asked in a couple spots in these forums and never answered.
Sponsored