Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
I have a '21 Premium with the side proximity sensors and when I'm in reverse with the rear-camera view selected, the red/yellow/green segments all show up as expected in the center channel around the car graphic. However, if I switch to the other views where you get the more fluid looking lines around the graphic, they go away within a second or two after shifting into drive and crawling forward; they stay on if I'm going backward. Has anyone else seen this?

(sorry for shaky camera)
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a '21 Premium with the side proximity sensors and when I'm in reverse with the rear-camera view selected, the red/yellow/green segments all show up as expected in the center channel around the car graphic. However, if I switch to the other views where you get the more fluid looking lines around the graphic, they go away within a second or two after shifting into drive and crawling forward; they stay on if I'm going backward. Has anyone else seen this?

(sorry for shaky camera)
I don’t think they go away, it’s just your car switching off the 360 camera when in Drive (which you can manually turn back on).

When you get close to something in drive, the car still beeps and the camera comes back on.

The default setting is just for the camera to be on when in reverse. Ford assumes you can see what’s in front of you when in drive (until you get super close to something, then it turns on).

Either way, seems to a be feature not a bug (unless we are talking about two different things).

OP
OP
ericNdfw

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
I don’t think they go away, it’s just your car switching off the 360 camera when in Drive (which you can manually turn back on).

When you get close to something in drive, the car still beeps and the camera comes back on.

The default setting is just for the camera to be on when in reverse. Ford assumes you can see what’s in front of you when in drive (until you get super close to something, then it turns on).

Either way, seems to a be feature not a bug (unless we are talking about two different things).
I suppose, but it's odd to me that I can see the red/yellow/green indicators as I drive forward in if I'm on the default (rear view) screen, even if I haven't recently reversed (i.e. when I'm pulling into the garage).

While I agree that I can see what's in front of me, the side impact visualization is an important aid when threading the needle as I make the 90Âş angle turn into my garage between the side of the door and our other car and it's just odd that one of the displays would work but the other doesn't.
Sponsored