Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just wanted to get a thread started on the P8 and P8P so we can keep issues and findings in one place.

Setup of PaaK with the P8P resulted in the usual "Limited support for this phone" warning message which has appeared every year at the release of the new Pixel. PaaK did however setup just fine. I would recommend that you do a PaaK reset in the car before connecting a new device. This will remove any stale/old devices, and your backup passcode. You'll re-create a new passcode when setting up the P8/P8P.

My testing of PaaK with the MME today (not my daily driver) proved that it is fully functional.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [PSA] - PaaK and Pixel 8 / Pro Screenshot_20231012-190315
Sponsored

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
I'm curious how your experience is. PaaK is hit or miss on my Pixel Fold.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks. My P8 arrives next week. I don't expect it to be any more or less consistent with paak since I'm running android 14 on my current 6a, but I sure do hope battery life with the P8 is better. So far, Android 14 has improved battery life on my 6a. Or it's a placebo effect!

Will post any issues I get with the P8 here.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
In the last 2 days PaaK has been mostly flawless, but that doesn't mean much. It could take a turn at any time.

What has been very bothersome is AA. It keeps crashing and the longest I've been able to keep it on is about 15 minutes.

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've been using my Pixel 8 Pro for two days now and so far, so good. I've found PaaK spotty with both iPhone and Pixel devices.

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm curious how your experience is. PaaK is hit or miss on my Pixel Fold.
PaaK is completely broken on my Pixel Fold and I'm not able to set it up even after doing a PaaK reset in my car.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
PaaK is completely broken on my Pixel Fold and I'm not able to set it up even after doing a PaaK reset in my car.
Did you remove the Bluetooth saved devices on the phone also?

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
Weird. I have no issue setting it up, but it constantly needs me to disable and enable my Bluetooth to pick up my car. Granted, if I do the above it works, but is annoying and not as convenient as my fob.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I will likely upgrade to the Pixel 8 from the Pixel 5A so I can change my cellphone plan. I noticed a few problems with the Pixel 5A when I ran ABRP with the BLE OBD2 dongle and Waze at the same time through Android Auto. Even though the Pixel 5A has no wireless charging, it seemed like the phone eventually went into thermal thottle with it sitting in the tray. The phone worked better on the passenger seat. ABRP still had very slow responses at time and at one point seemed to hang when using it with Waze. It seemed like I was at the processing limit of the phone.

Is anyone having issues with the Pixel 8 and wireless charging? Any comments on how well ABRP and other car apps work with the Pixel 8 would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

desallesp

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select - Comfort Technology
Country flag
Hey fellow pixel owners, I'm upgrading from 6pro to 8 pro. I know there was a list on the forum of steps to change paak phone but can't find it. Any advice you can provide would be extremely appreciated!

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
Hey fellow pixel owners, I'm upgrading from 6pro to 8 pro. I know there was a list on the forum of steps to change paak phone but can't find it. Any advice you can provide would be extremely appreciated!
You'll have to set up a new key, there's no way to transfer as the keys are device bound. The old key can be deleted once you don't have the old phone anymore.

vsguru

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Country flag
It's nice to see this thread! My P8P arrives today. I'm sure my experience will likely be similar to the others. I'll update after I get it setup, probably after Christmas.

Last edited:

vsguru

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Country flag
I finished setting up my shiny new P8P and before doing too much else I received an update to build UQ1A.231205.015. I then went for a drive to a local coffee shop where I sync'd my P8P to my MME on BT so I could call my wife using AA.

The pairing went perfectly the first time. Then I got a pop-up on my phone from Ford Pass asking if I want to to make the P8P my PaaK. So of course I tapped Yes. Honestly it took maybe 1-2 minutes and everything was done. I did not have to do anything else and it worked perfectly. No BT disconnects/reconnects, no issues with Paak, no issues with AA, no other settings changes like removing my old PaaK, no problems at all. I also setup a new backup Start password, which Ford Pass asked if I wanted to do that "now". Again, very little initiation from me. It was all VERY smooth and seamless.

I know this wasn't everyone's experience so I assume the new build help stabilize things. So far it's still working great! 👍
Sponsored