Question: How can I get multiple "bids" from different dealers?

tpayne

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Fusion energi
Occupation
University Faculty
Country flag
Greetings. We are about to lease an all electric vehicle, and the Mach e is high on our list. We currently have a 2018 Fusion energi, and the lease expires in June. We have talked to two dealers about the Mach e, and they both say that you have to order the car first, and when the car comes in (up to 16 weeks later), then you negotiate the terms of the lease. The way the Ford website is set up, you have to choose your dealer (dealer 1) when you order the car. In other words, you are stuck with whatever terms you can negotiate with dealer 1. You can back out of the deal and get your deposit back, but then you have to order again through dealer 2 (again waiting 16 weeks) with no assurance that dealer 2 can offer you a better deal than dealer 1. Is there any way around this? This is significant. When we leased our Fusion, we checked two dealers, and the one we went with saved us over $5,000 as compared to the other. Thanks for any thoughts. I want to get two or more bids from different dealers on a Mach e lease.
Sponsored

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s possible but you could shop and find a dealer willing to prenegotiate the lease before ordering online. That could be how you pick a dealer.

OP
OP

tpayne

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Fusion energi
Occupation
University Faculty
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s possible but you could shop and find a dealer willing to prenegotiate the lease before ordering online. That could be how you pick a dealer.
Thank you. Both of those we've worked with say they can't do that because the prices might change between now and when the car comes in. But we can try others.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
At this point, I’m not sure there’s much value in trying to get multiple bids because nobody’s selling them for less than MSRP unless you do something like X plan. You’re not going to save $5000 by going with one dealer over another.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The best deals you'll find are through Ford Finance so to a large extent the terms are set. IOW you won't find one dealer offering better terms than another.

The Mach-E is hot so you're not going to find any deals on it. Maybe next year. Because of this the Ford ordering system is your friend. Otherwise dealers would be demanding an additional dealer markup. In this regard, the the only BEVs with similar characteristics at this point are the Mach-E and the Tesla Model Y, and neither one will be "on sale".

FYI you likely don't want to "lease" a Mach-E. The better deal is a program called Ford Options. It's a lease like product but allows title to be held in your name, which allows you to claim the entire tax credit.

The best value in a BEV right now, and likely this summer, is the Chevy Bolt.
Sponsored