Question on ordering gt performance

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Hopefully someone has more info. I want to place an order for a 2022 gt performance. Any idea if I place an order now if it'll be 2022? Thanks!
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Hopefully someone has more info. I want to place an order for a 2022 gt performance. Any idea if I place an order now if it'll be 2022? Thanks!
I donā€™t know the specific Job 1 date for MY ā€˜22 Mach-Es, but, if you order today I can pretty much guarantee you ainā€™t gettinā€™ a ā€˜21.

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I donā€™t know the specific Job 1 date for MY ā€˜22 Mach-Es, but, if you order today I can pretty much guarantee you ainā€™t gettinā€™ a ā€˜21.

Thanks! Seeing as how long it takes to get one, I didn't want to be stuck with a 21 heh

Are there any news on any new colors or changes? Haven't seen anything through search.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Thanks! Seeing as how long it takes to get one, I didn't want to be stuck with a 21 heh

Are there any news on any new colors or changes? Haven't seen anything through search.
Let me preface this by saying that I have no special or unique knowledge. But, with the parts shortage, transportation issues, labor issues and overall demand, my gut is that Ford may create a 2022 model, but the changes will be minimal. I don't see new paint colors, new major features or even new models. Ford is busy trying to keep production moving along while building the infrastructure to deliver the F150 lightning.

If you look at their June sales reports, this company is trying to figure out how to manufacture, deliver and sell what they have now rather than updates to a car that they have only been delivering for a few months.

I also believe that Ford needs to keep their focus on fixing the issues that people are commonly reporting such as PaaK if they want to be competitive in the expanding marketplace for BEVs.

OP
OP

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Ahh. I was just hoping for 2 new colors (since 2 are now missing) and maybe if they fixed some issues like the charging door dent.

U do have a good point there!
Sponsored