aschliem

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Hi everyone - apologies if this is a dumb question. The dealer we are working with hasn’t been super communicative or clear about things so thought I would ask here.

We submitted an order for our 2022 Mach E a week ago. The dealer said the Ford “order banks are not currently open.” Whatever that means.

When I login to my account it says the order has been sent to and accepted by the dealer. The next step is “scheduled for production.”

Is there anything I need to do or push the dealer to do? I want to make sure we have reserved our spot in line so to speak.

I appreciate any input everyone may have.

Thanks!
Sponsored

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Hi everyone - apologies if this is a dumb question. The dealer we are working with hasn’t been super communicative or clear about things so thought I would ask here.

We submitted an order for our 2022 Mach E a week ago. The dealer said the Ford “order banks are not currently open.” Whatever that means.

When I login to my account it says the order has been sent to and accepted by the dealer. The next step is “scheduled for production.”

Is there anything I need to do or push the dealer to do? I want to make sure we have reserved our spot in line so to speak.

Thanks!
Once it's at accepted by dealer that's all you can do until Ford actually schedules it for production. It's pretty much out of the dealers hands at this point.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You might want to verify the price - and if you're planning on using X-Plan (why on earth wouldn't you), that they'll accept it.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Nope, now you will get to obsessively check the website for the next 5 months waiting for any sort of change until it’s finally scheduled for production. Good luck with the doldrums.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
*If* you decide that you want a different color or additional options, you can make those changes until the point that your production has been scheduled. Other than that, it’s as @Mach-Lee said: Obsessively check your order’s status until it’s delivered and you purchase the car. 5 months? Well, maybe, maybe not. I guess Ford is getting better at this so maybe 5 months is an accurate estimate. ?‍♂?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
What they all said.
Sponsored