mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I got a couple ramps to make it easier to get under the car and change the motor oil and filter (you have to get under the car to reach the oil filter), and thought I would share the ones I am using.

First off, I hate going under cars. I have this massive phobia about the car falling on me. So those lightweight Rhino plastic ones were out. I read too many reviews about them collapsing.

I decided to go with these metal ones that can be unfolded for getting stuff up in the truck bed or trailer as well.

https://www.autozone.com/engine-and-vehicle-lift/ramp/p/duralast-atv-and-truck-ramp-set/875210_0_0

I put the ramps at the tires and could tell the clearance is very, very small. Too small for my comfort. Also I wanted to put the ramps on rubber mats to keep them from sliding, which basically eliminates all of the clearance. So I used a piece of baseboard moulding that is around 1/2" thick to improve the clearance.

I went on and off the ramps without scaping. I really like the length of the flat surface because I am very worried about overshooting the end of the ramps. Luckily that didn't happen and I was able to change the oil and filter easily!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ramps for working under a GT 20211211_142235

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ramps for working under a GT 20211211_142316

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ramps for working under a GT 20211211_142410

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ramps for working under a GT 20211211_142841

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ramps for working under a GT 20211211_143105

Last edited:

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
These look pretty neat but I wouldn’t worry much about using the plastic ones. As long as you don’t abuse them or slam into the lip too many times they will hold up just fine. My set has no issues holding up my 4runner but I also use jack stands as a safety net anytime I’m under a car.
On the other hand, those steel harbor freight ramps look sketchy as hell lol

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
These look pretty neat but I wouldn’t worry much about using the plastic ones. As long as you don’t abuse them or slam into the lip too many times they will hold up just fine. My set has no issues holding up my 4runner but I also use jack stands as a safety net anytime I’m under a car.
On the other hand, those steel harbor freight ramps look sketchy as hell lol
Even with these I used wheel chucks behind the rear wheels and jack stands on each side. I am just a little more paranoid than the average ramp user...
Sponsored