chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That was for the suction cup ones in your window, and those agreements expired LONG ago. As for “getting your business listed, that’s literally just getting it so you exist in the POI database.

Trust me, there is nothing else at play. No data on your location history is ever sent to a server, and there is no paid promotion or a way for businesses to pay for promotion or sponsorship within the built-in nav system. It’s a database consisting only of HERE data, and unless you choose to sort by the Yelp ratings, then there is not even a way for those ratings to affect your POI search results.

But it does frequently pull up businesses that seem nonsensical based on proximity or places you HAVE been. Often times due to the coordinates of the POIs in HERE’s database not being dead on.
It just seems odd that the two point of interests that ever come up, one is 9 miles away the other is 5 miles away. I've never actually even done a search on my nav. I don't have the my journeys enabled
Sponsored

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
It just seems odd that the two point of interests that ever come up, one is 9 miles away the other is 5 miles away. I've never actually even done a search on my nav. I don't have the my journeys enabled
Surprisingly, it’s completely unrelated to “My Journeys.”

If you want to disable the feature entirely (and not just the notifications) go to Nav > Settings > user data > Destination Suggestions.

You may also want to select “remove all myTrends places.”