Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I've overlooked doing any 100% charging for the first year of owning the MME. After that charge the available range says 302 miles on my standard range Select.

Is this just a fluke of a delayed calibration or could it be a useful guess based on previous driving?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You can do your own calculation based on actual driving instead of a guess. Drive normally tracking miles and percentage of battery used for at least 75 or 100 miles. Divide miles driven by decimal proportion of the battery used (ie .25 for 25%). That will tell you your projected range. Assuming that you drive at the same speeds/elevation changes/temps/etc all the time then your projected range will nominally be your actual range.

Reactions: Mrn

PharaohHound138

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E premium
Occupation
Railroad
Country flag
I've overlooked doing any 100% charging for the first year of owning the MME. After that charge the available range says 302 miles on my standard range Select.

Is this just a fluke of a delayed calibration or could it be a useful guess based on previous driving?
302 on a standard range Select! I can't believe that can be true

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I've also had 302 show up at 100% once, so I'm guessing this might be the maximum it will show. If you do a lot of slower/in town driving, the range indicator will account for this past driving behavior. But, like investments, past performance is no guarantee of future results ;-)

For all of those screaming "Fake! It can't be real!!!", yes you can easily get 300+ range on a SR. I don't know why everyone thinks that is such a crazy idea.

Before you all post: No, I'm not claiming that you can get 300 miles doing 70 MPH.

Reactions: Mrn

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
You can do your own calculation based on actual driving instead of a guess. Drive normally tracking miles and percentage of battery used for at least 75 or 100 miles. Divide miles driven by decimal proportion of the battery used (ie .25 for 25%). That will tell you your projected range. Assuming that you drive at the same speeds/elevation changes/temps/etc all the time then your projected range will nominally be your actual range.
I drove it down to 74% and did the calculation based on the remaining range. I never went above 60 mph and probably spent most of the time at 45 mph. Based on the remaining range at 74%, The 100 - 0 % is 337 miles😊. Not bad compared to the 245 official range.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Enjoy going 300 miles at 45 miles per hour 😂 about 6 hours of driving 😂🤦‍♂️
Sponsored