burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Took my MME in for the service bulletin for fan noise while charging. When I got it back, noticed my range has taken a HUGE hit - I was getting about 245mi on 100% and now it’s about 185. I’m wondering if whatever they did reset the history and it’ll just work itself back as I drive. Anybody know?
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
When certain modules are updated/reset I believe history resets - same thing happened when I had service done a few weeks back.
Not a big deal - GOM will resync with you style in time again.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you are talking about the “estimated range” (otherwise known as the “Guess-O-Meter” or GOM), what @Polar wrote is correct. The GOM is laughingly called that on this forum because it is rarely accurate and the information on it should be taken with a gigantic bag of salt (100 lbs might be sufficient).

If you are talking about real-world travelled range, your dealer needs to look at your car or your driving style has changed.

OP
OP

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
If you are talking about the “estimated range” (otherwise known as the “Guess-O-Meter” or GOM), what @Polar wrote is correct. The GOM is laughingly called that on this forum because it is rarely accurate and the information on it should be taken with a gigantic bag of salt (100 lbs might be sufficient).

If you are talking about real-world travelled range, your dealer needs to look at your car or your driving style has changed.
Yeah, I figure it has to be GOM. I dropped the car off at 89% and 245ish miles showing and picked it up at 88% with 177. Can’t be driving style if it was sitting in the service bay.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, the GOM is an estimate at best anyway. If you haven't reset one of the trip meters (my trip 2 has not been reset since I brought the car home), you can check your lifetime miles/kWh and get the approximate maximum range. E.G. 3.4*88=299 etc. GOM will eventually catch up.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
This happened to me when I disconnected my 12V to fix PaaK. I took about 500 miles to get it back to where it was. My GOM seems to adjust on recharging, not so much on discharging.
Sponsored