Rate a deal: Demo/Service Loaner

bluesunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
Country flag
Hey all,

Found a Mach E specced out way my wife wants it (Premium ER, right color) at a dealer, however the car is in the service loaner program, and according to the dealer, they are not allowed to sell it until it hits 2000 miles.

I've made a deal for MSRP ( with $5800 VIN specific cash applied) ~$65k MSRP - $5800 VIN specific rebate - $1250 cash offer - an additional $600 for the loaner mileage. The car will be sold as new, never titled.

Thoughts? These cars are suddenly rare as hens teeth. I guess folks are scooping them up for the tax credit.

Thanks is advance!

Edited because confusing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I think with the changes in MSRP over the past six months (increase, decrease etc) you would need to identify the actual msrp to assess the deal. Additionally, the tax credit changes on next Tuesday $7500 before and $3750 after (assuming you meet the income limitations). Is this a 2022 or 2023? Finally, if it is a loaner it must not have been titled by the dealer to qualify for the tax credit and be sold as a new vehicle.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
Depending on where you are in SC you might expand your search to areas nearby (although when I searched around Charlotte I see very vew premiums but plenty of GT's).

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP is overpaying. Buy before 4/18/23 for the full tax credit.

OP
OP

bluesunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I've searched everywhere within a reasonable distance. This car is three hours away as it is.

It's a 2023 that was listed at ~$65 but is eligible for the rebate and is supposed to have never been titled. Tax credit is a moot point as we don't qualify.

Side note: there's one dealer in Charlotte with several lemon/reacquired titled GTPEs due to the recall. If they were cheaper, I'd be at least slightly interested.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I've searched everywhere within a reasonable distance. This car is three hours away as it is.

It's a 2023 that was listed at ~$65 but is eligible for the rebate and is supposed to have never been titled. Tax credit is a moot point as we don't qualify.

Side note: there's one dealer in Charlotte with several lemon/reacquired titled GTPEs due to the recall. If they were cheaper, I'd be at least slightly interested.
Huh no tax credit. I would consider low mile used GT in that case. They are around 55K. I would not buy those cars without the tax credit. The moment you drive off the lot you lose 7.5K. Used car market assumes the tax credit cut in his pricing. It just does not make any financial sense. Resale may get a little better with reduced credit. But then with increased supply, resale value may drop even further.

Last edited:

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I saw a NEW 2022 GT non PE built 03/22 with 500 miles on it for less than $61k. The car was in GA and it had been gone from the dealer website couple days ago. I did not want to post it here because it was built before 05/2022. It was 5-6k off 2022 MSRP. I would try to negotiate for that much for a loaner. You could take it for a spin and hit 2k miles easily. I drove 2-3k miles on loaners last year when my MME was in the shops.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

Tax credit is a moot point. You are rich. You might want to try GTPEs from Long McArthur Ford. They are known for internet sell.
https://www.long-mcarthur.com/searchnew.aspx?Model=Mustang Mach-E

OP
OP

bluesunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tax credit is a moot point. You are rich.
Lol! Thanks, that made my day.

Slightly different question: should I hesitate looking at a low miles CPO 2021 Premium AWD ER?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Slightly different question: should I hesitate looking at a low miles CPO 2021 Premium AWD ER?
Only if the price on the car is too high. CPO makes a lot of sense if you don’t qualify for the tax credit. 😊🐩

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

They are or were many low mileage used 2022 for couple thousands less than MSRP minus tax credit. That might be the way to go. I would look for built date after 05/2022 to avoid old HVJB parts. Some experts here might be able to tell you the exact date. You can get a blended date from window sticker. Go Gamecocks! Hope you are not a Clemson fan.

You can buy a Ford extended warranty from Grangerford so the car doesn't really have to be a CPO. They sell the policy at $50 over cost.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag

Personally I think a used EV is a great reliable option. They are so much simpler, their components are less susceptible to wear and tear, and the big cost, the battery has a big warranty. the early 2021s seem to have a bit more software issues (meaning you might have to do some research, visit a dealer, and put some efforts getting OTAs to flow/BlurCruise to work), but other than that I wouldnt hesitate. I mean you can get a used Select for Mid-upper 30s which is a great car if it meets your range needs.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Hey all,

Found a Mach E specced out way my wife wants it (Premium ER, right color) at a dealer, however the car is in the service loaner program, and according to the dealer, they are not allowed to sell it until it hits 2000 miles.

I've made a deal for MSRP ( with $5800 VIN specific cash applied) ~$65k MSRP - $5800 VIN specific rebate - $1250 cash offer - an additional $600 for the loaner mileage. The car will be sold as new, never titled.

Thoughts? These cars are suddenly rare as hens teeth. I guess folks are scooping them up for the tax credit.

Thanks is advance!

Edited because confusing.

Can you share the exact car build? what's the msrp if you would order it today?
Sponsored