Rear Enclosed Storage Compartments - where, dimensions?

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
I wish I had checked this when I test-drove but didn't get to. I am hoping someone can help me out.

For the 2022 (and presumably 2021) Mach-E Extended Range, I am trying to determine what enclosed or closable storage compartments/containers there are in the rear cargo area. Every SUV I've ever seen has one or a few of these things either in the side walls and/or under the "floor" of the cargo area, of various sizes and shapes. For any of you who have a Mach-E (ideally an XR since I assume the battery might modify the space) can you tell me about them, where they are and what HxWxD dimensions they are? For all I know the XR model is the same as the standard range model in this regard, I just can't be sure.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If the cargo floor ia in the upper have about 3” of vertical clearance under it. If it is in the lower position, you have pretty much nothing. 🤪🐩

OP
OP
FirstPony

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the cargo floor ia in the upper have about 3” of vertical clearance under it. If it is in the lower position, you have pretty much nothing. 🤪🐩
Thanks. I'll be honest, I didn't even realize the cargo floor could be raised and lowered. Interesting. Not sure what 3" buys you but OK.

Any little doored compartments in the side walls of the cargo area, per chance?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
None that I can see. Can’t smell any either. 🤔🐩

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Thanks. I'll be honest, I didn't even realize the cargo floor could be raised and lowered. Interesting. Not sure what 3" buys you but OK.

It allows you to have the cargo floor at the same height of the seatbacks when the seats are folded down.

There are no doored compartments in the sides, but there are little spaces on each side that will hold a few small things.

As seen here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Enclosed Storage Compartments - where, dimensions? 1649882115768

OP
OP
FirstPony

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It allows you to have the cargo floor at the same height of the seatbacks when the seats are folded down.

There are no doored compartments in the sides, but there are little spaces on each side that will hold a few small things.

As seen here:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Enclosed Storage Compartments - where, dimensions? 1649882115768
Thank you.