Rear Spoiler - functional or aesthetic?

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
It's pretty amazing to see someone just make assertions which aren't backed by evidence or fact.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
It's pretty amazing to see someone just make assertions which aren't backed by evidence or fact.
If it's who I think it is, it's to be expected! ;)

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Either show your work, or show or at least one technical reference to justify your passing off of uneducated opinion as fact.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh. I think I see what he's trying to pull of. He makes three distinct statements:
"It's not going have significant effect on efficiency range," [whatever that is]
"it will provide significant shade,"
"it will tend to suck the dirt up higher on to the window"

And he then posts a photo to justify the only statement which isn't in question, the one about shade, and even then it only demonstrates shade with a single position of the sun.

That would be like me saying, "titanium is stiffer than steel, the moon is spherical, and the atmosphere gets warmer with increasing altitude," and when asked to justify my statement, posting this:

11490_emoon_480x360_moonsbydest.jpg

Naturally, given the discussions in this thread, it is the first statement which needs to be justified.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That would be like me saying, "titanium is stiffer than steel, the moon is spherical, and the atmosphere gets warmer with increasing altitude," and when asked to justify my statement, posting this:
Clearly round and flat.

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
Oh. I think I see what he's trying to pull of. He makes three distinct statements:
"It's not going have significant effect on efficiency range," [whatever that is]
"it will provide significant shade,"
"it will tend to suck the dirt up higher on to the window"

And he then posts a photo to justify the only statement which isn't in question, the one about shade, and even then it only demonstrates shade with a single position of the sun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Spoiler - functional or aesthetic? 11490_emoon_480x360_moonsbydest

Naturally, given the discussions in this thread, it is the first statement which needs to be justified.
I was seconds away from correcting you on titanium vs steel stiffness until I remembered that the moon is an oblate spheroid.