First Name
Sandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart
Country flag
Hi
I've been informed by Ford Germany that my MME has a battery issue and the car has to be replaced. The car arrived in Antwerpen March 30.th and was expected to arrive in Switzerland this weekend. They found this fault during the delivery checks in Antwerpen (after overseas shipping and before sending it further to Switzerland).
They won't exchange only the battery, they exchange the hole car. Therefore my delivery date moved another few weeks backwards.
Fortunately my dealer can offer the same car I've ordered from a short notice cancellation so I loose only a few weeks instead of waiting for the substitution car from Norway, which would have been about 2-3 months according to Ford. Anyway it will be a new VIN, but the same FE MME in lucid red.
Are there other customers like me, who have received similar bad news in the last days?
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi
I've been informed by Ford Germany that my MME has a battery issue and the car has to be replaced. The car arrived in Antwerpen March 30.th and was expected to arrive in Switzerland this weekend. They found this fault during the delivery checks in Antwerpen (after overseas shipping and before sending it further to Switzerland).
They won't exchange only the battery, they exchange the hole car. Therefore my delivery date moved another few weeks backwards.
Fortunately my dealer can offer the same car I've ordered from a short notice cancellation so I loose only a few weeks instead of waiting for the substitution car from Norway, which would have been about 2-3 months according to Ford. Anyway it will be a new VIN, but the same FE MME in lucid red.
Are there other customers like me, who have received similar bad news in the last days?
Lots of different things going on, so it’s not out of the realm. If your able to get exactly what you want then consider it a good thing.

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
Hi
And I got an email from Wallisellen (Ford Switzerland HQ) saying exactly the same thing.... unfixable battery problem on my Grabber blue FE, in Antwerp since end of March, they will replace it with a new FE, new VIN, ... delayed till beg of July... After being 5 months late, it is not really good news... ?
Sponsored