Delivery delay due to new recall (HVBJB related?)

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Was your order converted to a 22? Your story is just unbelievable.
Do you have screenshots from Ford.com showing your order info? I think they converted the factory over to MY 2022 around October, so if you had a 2021 built, it’s been missing for 9 months or more, which is pretty unbelievable.

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium SR RWD; 2010 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Today my dealer let me look at my car .. waiting for the fix to take it home. Glad I got the Red exterior and light space gray interior.
Red exterior with light space gray interior sounds sooooo pretty! I hope this gets cleared up quickly and you are soon driving your beautiful MME (and posting pictures here). I went for mine even though it is standard range because it has the light space gray interior, it just somehow feels more expansive.

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Do you have screenshots from Ford.com showing your order info? I think they converted the factory over to MY 2022 around October, so if you had a 2021 built, it’s been missing for 9 months or more, which is pretty unbelievable.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery delay due to new recall (HVBJB related?) Screenshot_20220618-120131_Chrome
Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery delay due to new recall (HVBJB related?) Screenshot_20220618-120131_Chrome

Mine was one of the last batch 2021 built in October but not completed until March with the chips. Someone at the factory accepted my request to add the car to fordpass app and so I was able to track it until they turned it off when the car reached laredo TX earlier this year.

Palsapp shows it was trucked to KC lot in late April where it then disappeared. The dealership has been in contact with ford who thought last week it could be in a "railcar delay"

Its disheartening to hear that I might be alone in this with 2021s. Does anyone know if theres recourse for me? The dealership doesnt seem to think this is that incredible and they keep referring to Bronco customers experiencing similar situations.

I've bought 4 ford vehicles and my grandfather owned a small town dealership. We are a ford family through and through but this will be my last purchase with them. I'm even considering tweeting my experience @ car magazines as one way to grease the skids and try to hold the company responsible.

Brent1955

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Ordered a MME in 9/21 shipped 3/22, totaled in transit 4/22. My dealer, who has been great about all of this , did have one arriving last week that was identical to what I ordered and made it available to me. Had the same thing happen when we went to pick it up, found out about the recall. So after 10 months I'm not really impressed with Ford at this point.
I am appreciative of having the recall and owning up to the issue and the willingness to fix it, Just in my particular case, buying this car has been a experiment in humility and patience.
The local Kia dealer has several EV 6's in stock and ready for purchase. I have heard they are charging a significant ADM. At this point I'm not sure I'm willing to wait a year for a new car.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
@Brent1955 I was too militant about not paying any ADM, based on principles when in theory I should have looked at it with no emotion on a purely financial basis. You should be protecting your pocketbook vs. your MSRP pride. If I could go back to Sept. 2021 and saw that I would spend far more time waiting for the MME, my car loan was going to be significantly higher and raising gas prices was going to be more painful--- I would have easily paid two thousand over MSRP. Plus I would have spent the last 10 months driving an EV vs. riding this Ford Merry-Go-Round waiting. Otherwise, you will be paying for Gas and the cost of money is probably still going at least 50bps higher (probably more). $10K ADM still seems crazy though. The MME has decent competition now. Good luck.

Last edited:

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Ordered a MME in 9/21 shipped 3/22, totaled in transit 4/22. My dealer, who has been great about all of this , did have one arriving last week that was identical to what I ordered and made it available to me. Had the same thing happen when we went to pick it up, found out about the recall. So after 10 months I'm not really impressed with Ford at this point.
I am appreciative of having the recall and owning up to the issue and the willingness to fix it, Just in my particular case, buying this car has been a experiment in humility and patience.
The local Kia dealer has several EV 6's in stock and ready for purchase. I have heard they are charging a significant ADM. At this point I'm not sure I'm willing to wait a year for a new car.
Ugh that's some awful luck.

If this is Fords model of what internet sales will be like in the future, they are going to be in trouble. Really wish I could go back and order just about any other EV from any other make. Surely it cant be as bad as this.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ugh that's some awful luck.

If this is Fords model of what internet sales will be like in the future, they are going to be in trouble. Really wish I could go back and order just about any other EV from any other make. Surely it cant be as bad as this.
This is clearly not Ford's model of what internet sales will be like in the future. They've already said they hope to adopt Tesla's buy online, get delivered to your home without ever interacting with a dealer.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I was too militant about not paying any ADM, based on principles when in theory I should have looked at it with no emotion on a purely financial basis. You should be protecting your pocketbook vs. your MSRP pride. If I could go back to Sept. 2021 and saw that I would spend far more time waiting for the MME, my car loan was going to be significantly higher and raising gas prices was going to be more painful--- I would have easily paid two thousand over MSRP. Plus I would have spent the last 10 months driving an EV vs. riding this Ford Merry-Go-Round waiting. Otherwise, you will be paying for Gas and the cost of money is probably still going at least 50bps higher (probably more). $10K ADM still seems crazy though. The MME has decent competition now. Good luck.
This is an excellent point to consider. Everyone's situation is a little bit different, but in this current economic environment, there is a "cost" to waiting.
Agreed with your points, plus consider this year's "MSRP + ADM" will be closer to next years MSRP as the automakers themselves are aggressively raising prices due to demand.
Sponsored