Recommendations for Mach-E service, Bay Area?

daves

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BWM M3, Ford Mach-E
Occupation
software
Country flag
Any recommendations for knowledgeable Mach-E service departments in the San Jose, south bay area?
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Sunnyvale Ford was really good when I had my HVBJB replaced back in April. Service advisor Andersen had really good communication via a texting system, and repair was done quickly.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't have experience with my MME, yet. I bought mine from The Ford Store in Morgan Hill and will probably take it back. However, I am in Campbell so the drive is not too bad for me. Since your in Southbay, that might not be bad. Of course, Capital is probably in your backyard, as it is in mine.

I have tried Capital and Sunnyvale on my Lincoln and I don't care for them. However, as @scoopman indicated he has had good luck and Sunnyvale. The staff turns over at most dealerships so maybe they have different advisers and improved since I stopped going to them. However, prior service was ok and then they really, really gave me poor service twice in a row. First time was forgiven as a one off and second time was what caused me to drop them.

I did just took my Lincoln to The Ford Store for a airbag recall and they did a good job of texting me and have good hours. I dropped it off on Saturday for a Monday appointment and they are open to 5 pm on Saturday. Bonus! I first made my appointment for the recall at Capital, they indicated that you can make an appointment for the recall but we cannot guarantee that we will have the airbag in stock. I asked if they could order it and we could set up an appoint specifically to align to the when the part will come in. Nope, make the appointment and YOU call us back to see if we have the part. Hit and miss was what I was told. The Ford Store had no problem with either having the part or getting the part. They won my business for the time being. I also had to have my passenger window replaced due to a break-in. The Ford Store had a good price and beat the price and delivery, compared to Capital.

Have heard good things about Walnut Creek Ford, if you are in the East Bay. Do not have first hand experience, just comments about it on the forum.

@HuntingPudel or @JohnFoxeSheets. Do you have any input on dealers along the Peninsula or in general for service?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don’t have South Bay experience. I take my car to Putnam in San Mateo and they’ve always done right by me, but that’s the only Ford service experience I’ve had…

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don't have a lot of experience with the dealer closest to my home, other than the experiences I had in the '80s that soured me on the ownership group (the "Dirty Word" dealership). The next closest is closer to my office. I dealt with them on a few things with my Fusion and their service department was decent (hated the sales dept.). I also ordered a few parts through them and got the parts I wanted. Towne Ford in Redwood City. No experience with service for the MME yet since I seem to like putting the car up in the air myself. 🤪🐩

And of course, John has had a good experience with the Dirty Word dealership. 🤪🐩
Sponsored