TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The issue with the Ford Connected Charge Station should now be resolved. There was a software update issued for it.

If you have a charge station, power-cycle the charge station (e.g. shut off the breaker ... wait a few seconds ... then turn it back on) and this will trigger the software update to download and apply once it connects to your WiFi network. This step isn't actually 'required'... it would download and apply eventually. But power-cycling will cause it to check and apply as it boots up.

If you don't had a Ford Connected Charge Station on order or had planned to order one, the stop-sales was lifted yesterday (4/26) and sales have resumed.

My own FCCS had the fix applied last week and has been working great ever since. (I've been keeping this under wraps for a bit.). The new software version is 1.1.7 (but you would only see that if you go through the Ford Connect Charge Station setup app. The version number isn't visible in the FordPass app when you view Charge Station details.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Ford charger indicated a solid red bar from the get go. Troubleshooting revealed a open ground. Ran a new ground wire to the 240-v outlet with a dedicated ground rod and the problem was resolved. Works just fine now.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My Ford charger indicated a solid red bar from the get go. Troubleshooting revealed a open ground. Ran a new ground wire to the 240-v outlet with a dedicated ground rod and the problem was resolved. Works just fine now.
If you needed to install a dedicated ground rod to solve the grounding issue for the outlet, it would sound like there are other grounding issues in your house. I'm glad that you got this solved, but maybe something to look into, for example outlets that tie the neutral and ground together.

Odd that the Ford Charger is that sensitive and odd that it was giving you a solid red error in that case.

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you needed to install a dedicated ground rod to solve the grounding issue for the outlet, it would sound like there are other grounding issues in your house. I'm glad that you got this solved, but maybe something to look into, for example outlets that tie the neutral and ground together.

Odd that the Ford Charger is that sensitive and odd that it was giving you a solid red error in that case.
I think the ground wire for this circuit had been cut or disconnected at some point. The charger did not like the original setup but has responded very well with the dedicated grounding. The owners manual really emphasizes the necessity for a stable grounding which led me to this solution.

Doumer

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm a licensed electrical contractor and I'm telling you DO NOT install a dedicated ground rod for your charger. that is called a redundant ground and can cause damage to your homes electric service that could be a huge mess!

My charger shows a red light whenever we have a power flash. Typically high winds when it rains every afternoon in Central Florida summer. Trees hit overhead lines and the power blips... no big deal so far. I just turn it off for 10 seconds and back on.
Sponsored